Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-14-2020, 08:54 PM   #181
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Browsing the watch collector's forums... makes this sound like a couple coins that were lost in sofa...

Still, over $3k = too much
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:27 AM   #182
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Browsing the watch collector's forums... makes this sound like a couple coins that were lost in sofa...

Still, over $3k = too much
Watch collecting is the devil's own semen. It's evil beyond compare - I know, and have the scars to prove it. I hope statues never reach that status. Check out the prices for a "time only" Rolex Submariner - basic watch, with hugely less functionality than a $50 Casio G-Shock......it will make you crazy.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:31 AM   #183
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I hope that's Zimbabwean dollars
Actually its Martian Dollars.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #184
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Funny thing is that there was a vid with the people who made the game giving their opinion about the statue(s). All of them said it was (too) expensive
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:31 PM   #185
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Funny thing is that there was a vid with the people who made the game giving their opinion about the statue(s). All of them said it was (too) expensive
it is expensive. also look in this way, many of the people i know who loved nier automata are not collectors so looking at 3k is way too much. other people i know usually collect pvc 1/6 or 1/7 figures and most they pay is around 200. on average they pay around 100-120. because 2b is famous, this statue got attention to those collectors as well, and for them it is too expensive.

i think the the bigger issue is that they are selling all 3 character together, so the price added up. with the exception of regular 2b. they should have sold them individually as well with their deluxe counterpart. there are a lots of people who prefer one character over other and if you like 9s or A2, you pretty much stuck with buying all three.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:31 PM   #186
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Just got an email from Speculative Fiction Collectibles stating the PO window for the Nier Automata statues will be closing soon. I didn't know Square put out any PO time limit on these items.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #187
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Just got an email from Speculative Fiction Collectibles stating the PO window for the Nier Automata statues will be closing soon. I didn't know Square put out any PO time limit on these items.
Pulled the trigger...I'm not missing out on this one.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #188
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Pulled the trigger...I'm not missing out on this one.
Congrats! Which version did you go for?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:48 AM   #189
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks! I Went for the Deluxe version. The extra switch outs were just too good to pass up. Any word ES yet?
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:36 AM   #190
jonylin
Justice League

ATTENTION: I got clarification from Todd (owner of SpecFictionShop) regarding pre-orders closing soon and he said that he's "unsure of the exact date but my distributor has told me they need numbers now, so I’m gonna give them numbers tomorrow." It appears that my suspicions that distributors needing pre-orders numbers by Dec 17th to report back to Square Enix and Prime 1 for determining edition sizes was correct. If any NieR fans who wanted to pre-order and have been holding out for some reason, PLEASE DON'T WAIT any longer!! Again, SpecFictionShop is the only store in the U.S. that I know of that offers payment plan and deposit only options while at a discounted price and no tax outside of CA so I highly recommend pre-ordering there!
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote