Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-03-2023, 12:22 PM   #181
nearmint
Phoenix

Factory pic looks good. Appears to be done, expect perhaps for the eye decals.

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 12:47 PM   #182
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Man these are looking good...I canceled my preorder after getting caught up in the edition size hype

I have NO space for this and I don't collect this kinda thing, but this is such a cool and unique piece!

Really hoping it comes out great!
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 02:19 PM   #183
qz33
Baron Zemo

It's a far off pic but yea so far so good!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 05:03 PM   #184
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Man these are looking good...I canceled my preorder after getting caught up in the edition size hype

I have NO space for this and I don't collect this kinda thing, but this is such a cool and unique piece!

Really hoping it comes out great!
I think all collectors are now going to have to learn that with pieces made from non-US based companies, that many of them list or divide their releases from their local region, and the rest of the international market.

I've only seen this done a couple of times with Iron Studios, but it's done quite often I think with manufacturers like Infinity and Queen. And more often than not, the error isn't from the manufacturer, but from the retailer whom you're referencing, as they have only included the edition size relevant to them on their preorder page; even though many times on the manufacturers official listing it specifically states the total edition size, or that it only relates to a specific region.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:55 AM   #185
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Good Lord..
From these pics on their Youtube channel.. it looks like they will really deliver!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiwXaIW7Ywo

That piece, with that price.. What a DEAL!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:33 AM   #186
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I'm just not digging the design of this bust. The tattered coat trim doesn't suit the aesthetic of the Killing Joke Joker. They really should have used a clean hem at the bottom of the jacket. It makes him look like a hobo. Also, the circular base makes it looks like he's popping out of a cake.

I also wish they went with Higgins' original colour apps for the fedora.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 11:58 AM   #187
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I'm just not digging the design of this bust. The tattered coat trim doesn't suit the aesthetic of the Killing Joke Joker. They really should have used a clean hem at the bottom of the jacket. It makes him look like a hobo. Also, the circular base makes it looks like he's popping out of a cake.

I also wish they went with Higgins' original colour apps for the fedora.
I think the base is overly large and unnecessary in general. Having said that, I'm slightly regretful I didn't order this as it looks like the paint and finish are spot on. Being unsure about that and the ES debacle stopped me
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:01 PM   #188
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think if you're really good in customizing.. you can ditch the base and turn this into a full body Joker statue! XD
Old 03-09-2023, 12:44 PM   #189
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I think if you're really good in customizing.. you can ditch the base and turn this into a full body Joker statue! XD
Possible! Although his legs would need to be made of concrete to prevent it toppling over
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 01:56 PM   #190
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Possible! Although his legs would need to be made of concrete to prevent it toppling over
Or have him sitting down on his throne with all those plastic baby dolls piling up!
(which will, basically, made an even bigger base)