Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #181
alexquinzel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I assure you it's the free advertising DC is concerned with and not any civil rights matters.

It's still clear that justifications will heavily favor a certain direction for the change.

Though I can imagine the flip outs if a character new or old found theology and felt that gods grace made them change sexual preference to be fitting of their chosen religion. I'm not religous at all, don't get me wrong, I don't think being gay is sin or anything. I'm just saying imagine the crap storm about that, though it does happen, not often perhaps but it's no less valid then coming out of the closet.
Orly? They are a business, and of course concerned with advertising, but they also seem to be like every other tech and pop culture company...very accepting.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/03...cess-out-at-dc

DC is smart to do this. It draws in people, and also, gives them free advertising from everyone who has a problem with it.

Also, about the religious argument...religion is a choice, people change their denomination and religion all the time, sexuality isn't a choice at all.
Anyways...I for one, welcome any form of diversity.
alexquinzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #182
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Clearly some forms of diversity are more equal then others.
Good rebuttal to the abortion point, I particularly enjoyed where your feigned concern for a comic that wouldn't exist actually does exist.

I wouldn't worry about it so much, you weren't planning to buy these anyways and already made your decision about it before any information was revealed. You'll give yourself high blood pressure if all you do is see ~dastardly political correctness~ surrounding you.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #183
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
EArth 2 Alan Scott makes sense because his original ring could not protect him from wood
LOL
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #184
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Never heard of the character. I thought it was supposed to be a prominent character.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #185
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
EArth 2 Alan Scott makes sense because his original ring could not protect him from wood
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #186
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
Easily the funniest thing I have read on the forum in a long time
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #187
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Good rebuttal to the abortion point, I particularly enjoyed where your feigned concern for a comic that wouldn't exist actually does exist.

I wouldn't worry about it so much, you weren't planning to buy these anyways and already made your decision about it before any information was revealed. You'll give yourself high blood pressure if all you do is see ~dastardly political correctness~ surrounding you.
It just factual that some will delight in certain changes and will reject other changes even though claims of how great embracing diversity is.
It must be certain kinds of diversity to be celebrated and deemed worthy of celebration.

It's only natural to do so I suppose.

Attempting to justify why others don't deserve that same celebration just exposes it.

And it does matter as again, DC could mishandle characters I personally care about and foul them up for years going forward. So yeah even though New 52 isn't on my list. I know going forward it could poison the water for me.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #188
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Hahahahahaha
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #189
mad titan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

DARKSEID
mad titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #190
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
This seems disrespectful to the LGBT community to use Homosexuality as somewhat of a "gimmick" to sell books. DC already has a few gay characters... why not just develop those relationships further, or have this "reveal" happen naturally, instead of making an announcement about it?

When was the last time you heard about a famous person announcing they were hetrosexual?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote