Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #181
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The face turned out much nicer than the shadow image made it look like. They have to stop with those teases. The hair is a letdown, but overall this is a nice piece. I’m not an X-23 guy but this is pretty nice for those needing this piece.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #182
MPCanes
The X-Men

This is probably my fav of the new ladies so far (besides reg Emma), baring the full reveal of Rogue. I don't really like the expression but the rest of the statue is fantastic.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #183
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
This is probably my fav of the new ladies so far (besides reg Emma), baring the full reveal of Rogue. I don't really like the expression but the rest of the statue is fantastic.
I personally think the expression is awesome. I just don't get the hair. 1. It's too big and bulbous compared to the sleekness I'm used to seeing on X-23 and 2. like I said on the last page, if she is in fact in a roundhouse kick sort of pose vs. a falling pose, why is her hair sticking straight up?

I love the pose though, the base is looking cool and the outfit is awesome. I love how they sort of combined her original black/gray outfit with the colors of Wolverine.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #184
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

She probably isn’t doing a round house kick. It’s just how a couple people are wanting to interpret it. If that’s actually what they were intending, then they messed up on it.

I can see how it could be interpreted as a kick, but it definitely doesn’t make sense with her hair showing she’s been falling for a while. Maybe it might be more convincing from another angle.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #185
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

My imagery was she is getting dragged by a sentinel off a building but turns around and round house kicks the metallic tin can unleashing a tornado of steel and fury.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #186
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
My imagery was she is getting dragged by a sentinel off a building but turns around and round house kicks the metallic tin can.
...inside a tornado.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #187
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
...inside a tornado.
Dam you read my mind
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #188
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

All I know is that whatever she's doing, she's looking awesome doing it. Really looking forward to see how this looks from all angles.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #189
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

I thought she was pouncing from a high point until the kick was brought up. While I'm no scientist, I'm fairly certain hair physics doesn't work like that during a kick.... Dang it! I was in love with this piece and you had to Neil Degrasse Tyson all over it! lol

Still want, but now I need more pics to put my mind at ease that she really is landing. I'm also having a real hard time with the landing concept now that I notice her right leg is wrapped in some sort of coil too...
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #190
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

I dont think she is landing with her right leg twisted like that. It's definitely a wind up for a kick.
At this point, either the hair makes sense and nothing else makes sense or everything makes sense except the hair lol.

Hopefully the full reveal puts this to rest. This is giving me supergirl flashbacks
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote