Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #1891
kpz
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
It definitely wouldn't be perfect or as expensive etc. Just sayin at least theres possible (even of ghetto/bootleg lol) alternatives if you can't get/afford reptile. I'm sure reptile will stay expensive because he's limited and will be tough for completionits to get their hands on over time, but putting Goro and reptile in the same sentence as the 'grails' (I hate that word anyway!) Just feels like a huge stretch to me when one of them is pretty much the best PCS has to offer (a boss character that looks unique, has a unique pose, is huge, has amazing presence, looks like perfect execution/quality etc etc) while the other is a green version of basically the same thing as 3 other statues (and more ninjas to come). That's not to say reptile isn't a perfect or near perfect representation of the character, but it just feels way less awesome to me from an MK fan and collector perspective. If grail just means price and rarity then yeah I guess it can be one (assuming ninja hype doesn't die) but if your also considering the character/sculpt etc then nah. The most exciting part for me tho is while I don't see Goro being topped like ever, you know at some point PCS is gonna raise the bar again and it's gonna be awesome. In case you can't tell this is probably the most excited I've been for a statue lol I can't wait!

I'm in a similar mindset to yourself, if I really wanted a Reptile to match the other three I could in part, have one of them repainted. Of course with a lack of lizard head but still, passable as klassic Reptile to those who would view it.

I too cannot wait for Goro, my most anticipated piece! I have a feeling that Kintaro when he arrives will be that piece that surpasses Goro. Could be a long wait, luckily I'm in no hurry.

By the way first post, been a reader for sometime.

Ireland represent!
kpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #1892
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpz View Post
I'm in a similar mindset to yourself, if I really wanted a Reptile to match the other three I could in part, have one of them repainted. Of course with a lack of lizard head but still, passable as klassic Reptile to those who would view it.

I too cannot wait for Goro, my most anticipated piece! I have a feeling that Kintaro when he arrives will be that piece that surpasses Goro. Could be a long wait, luckily I'm in no hurry.

By the way first post, been a reader for sometime.

Ireland represent!
First off, welcome to the forum!Also, completely agree with you regarding what you said about Kintaro.Goro's a great character, but Kintaro's better!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #1893
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
First off, welcome to the forum!Also, completely agree with you regarding what you said about Kintaro.Goro's a great character, but Kintaro's better!
statue wise though, motaro will be most impressive.

bet the house on it
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #1894
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Kintaro definitely is not a better character than the original sub-boss who was a champion of MK n killed Kung Lao and got split punched in a movie after breaking $500 sun glasses lmao, but yeah it could potentially be a nicer statue (as long as it's klassic not modern) depending on style and execution
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #1895
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
I could see possibly thinking he is a better looking character (of which I disagree since i'm no fan of the tiger look) but no way is he a better character since he was just a substitute Goro
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #1896
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah that's what I mean. Same for motaro. Would make an awesome statue. I know I fought against that back in the poll threads but that's more about getting more 'important' characters in first. I feel like for MK the boss characters are really going to outshine the regular characters especially for klassic they're designs are way more interesting
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #1897
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Anyone ever confirm if that Retailslayer guy Emperor Bran was a scam?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #1898
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Anyone ever confirm if that Retailslayer guy Emperor Bran was a scam?
The one that was selling this for like $100-200 off??? SCAM!!!

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #1899
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
The one that was selling this for like $100-200 off??? SCAM!!!

Sarah Joe
Hopefully not, guess I'll find out.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #1900
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

They actually have it on their website now for full price.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote