Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #1901
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yea, the people who were banned were done so for reason and honestly the place is better without them, not just theis section but the whole board.

while I do agree it might have been better to unwrap lets say 5 or so regular statues and just leave it like that or even mix the production sample in but dont say which is which and see of anyone can even notice the difference.

It does suck that Paul decided to leave but not surprising this place and its "collectors" manage to run virtually every producer who wants to interact off the board. This time it was with an almost mob mentality and really goofy wild accusations with zero substance. Just look at the freaks page.

I wish people would take a step back first before declaring doom and gloom after seeing the early or usually first horrible photos, something that happens over and over for years. I also think that people expect to pay as little as possible yet still get the highest quality product and thats not the case anymore.

Chronicles mission is get the best possible product without the price tag but unfortunately I dont think that is truly a possibility given the current state of production in china.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #1902
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Still an accusation.
Anyway, I was responding to the Moderator.
i was pointing out that Webb was a step further than accusations. Which is probably why he is banned.

Anyways , I can't wait to get my Rex.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #1903
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
i was pointing out that Webb was a step further than accusations. Which is probably why he is banned.

Anyways , I can't wait to get my Rex.
No worries man, I'm still worried.

Anyway, I got bigger things to worry about.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #1904
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
No worries man, I'm still worried.

Anyway, I got bigger things to worry about from a truly awful company...
Walmart? It has to be Walmart.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #1905
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think the unboxed rexes from yesterday look amazing.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #1906
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I'm not. All these years of collecting and conversion trips. I know what to expect. The thing is that I'm surprised by is the "it's just camera and lighting" comment and the pics showed up around the net so far consider the high profile and general expectation based on info CC shared before and after the release of this piece.

I'm keeping mine and a bunch of JP stuff from CC. What can I say...I'm fan of JP.
I hear ya. I think some "absolutely" do expect a perfect match to what they see posted as the "initial prototype pictures" no matter what the price point.In an ideal world... yes. In the real world there are so many variables involved that can change between the time a piece is designed and when it's finally manufactured,especially when everything is not able to be done by or under the watchful eye of the original artists.Some companies do spend more time and money going back and forth checking and sampling everything.However, as a result of that,the price for their products is usually higher.

I have seen instances where lighting 'has' affected the look of actual props and of replicas,but they were under 'drastically' different conditions.You could however, see that they were 'actually' the same piece by matching specific details.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #1907
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Haven't post any pics or thread for a long time, since people are already starting to post theirs, and more people will receive this piece very soon, also people has address their opinions from pretty much all perspectives, no need for me to be around here.
I didn't feel offened by Paul saying recasting whatever since it totally has nothing to do with me or my work, I sort of understand his 'anger', even though what i said or post is just truth. Well, guess everyone knows it already.
I don't want to come back to this thread again since it isn't necessary anymore, which I guess Paul can feel a bit relax as well.
Good job on Stegosaurus BTW. And that's the reason why I only judge things based on each single product instead of a company, to me, Chronicle so far has done some excellent work and also one terrible accident.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #1908
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I'm getting my Breakout delivered tomorrow. Will post up pictures here
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #1909
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I'm getting my Breakout delivered tomorrow. Will post up pictures here
you are in the US?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #1910
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Yes, also in Texas, few hours from Chroncile.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote