Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #1941
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Some people did have weak magnets, but mine were really strong. I think it was hit or miss.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #1942
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

June release is both great and terrible. I just got the notice for the Alex Ross print......I had to choose.....someone is now getting the Alex Ross He-Man print.....sad day......
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #1943
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Interesting. I have a regular version of the second Red (the Harbottle) and my magnets are very strong.
IIRC the issue was with the magnet on the Ex hand with the axe - that’s the issue with mine. The paint isn’t nearly as impressive as the amazing proto, but I still consider the second RS a masterpiece, so much so that I haven’t ordered the latest RS, as nice as it is.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #1944
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
IIRC the issue was with the magnet on the Ex hand with the axe - that’s the issue with mine. The paint isn’t nearly as impressive as the amazing proto, but I still consider the second RS a masterpiece, so much so that I haven’t ordered the latest RS, as nice as it is.
At this stage, veteran collectors, know to downgrade expectations when they see the prototype. The question is, how low do you go? It's safe to say however, No one seriously expects to get a prototype level finish.

This is one of the things you need to make peace with when dealing with Sideshow.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:19 PM   #1945
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Hoping this gets painted at the same factory that did She Devil, if so I think we're in for something special.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #1946
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
At this stage, veteran collectors, know to downgrade expectations when they see the prototype. The question is, how low do you go? It's safe to say however, No one seriously expects to get a prototype level finish.

This is one of the things you need to make peace with when dealing with Sideshow.
85% near proto, 80% near if i like the character. 70% if its catwoman.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #1947
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Interesting. I have a regular version of the second Red (the Harbottle) and my magnets are very strong.
It tended to be the axe arm exclusive.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #1948
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Sideshow posted 3 production pics on IG... Just sayin'.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #1949
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

The thing that's a bit unfortunate is that getting a near-perfect replica of the prototype IS the expectation for some companies - it is my experience with Prime 1, and XM appears to have the same reputation.

I've been collecting Sideshow for about 8 years, and I will say that they generally appear to be getting closer than they were back when I started out (with some recent exceptions), though I appear to have more issues with the art direction of some pieces these days. I still wish they'd show something closer to the final product when they first put a product up for preorder though.

Still, part of me is just happy we don't have to wonder if we'll get a googly-eyed piece anymore.

Going back to this statue, I think it looks very good, and I'd consider getting it if the Ex is ever discounted, despite owning and still preferring the Harbottle RS.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:18 PM   #1950
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote