Elizabeth 6.5/10
Elizabeth the golden age 5/10
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #19742
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Wow, I'm trying to remember what I did to pass the time during my flights to Australia. I think I mostly slept.
I just can't sleep on planes, no longer how long the flight is.

Flew from Singapore to India today, 5.5 hour flight. Only watched Good Will Hunting 9/10 still a great movie.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #19743
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Top Five- pretty funny all around with some solid laughs - 8/10
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #19744
gomur
The Tick

Furious 7 : 8/10

I haven't followed the series closely, but I knew what to expect going in. The characters are all given moments to shine and that's no small thing with a cast this size. Even new characters like Kurt Russel are a lot of fun. Gotta drink some Belgian beer.

The story is competent and interesting, but it's really just glue joining amazingly over the top action sequences. The movie has a lot going on with impressive fight choreography, gun play, and creative car chases.

And it's hard not get choked up by the ending. A perfect sendoff to the late Paul Walker.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #19745
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Avengers: Age of Ultron - 7.5/10

While this is a solid entry into the Marvel stable of films I can't help but feel a little disconnected from the universe they're creating. AoU fell far short of the first Avengers film for me. Obviously the newness has worn off by now but it was something more than that here. I just didn't feel as invested, the Ultron narrative failed to engage me and the action set pieces just felt too busy. There weren't any jump out of my skin comic book geek out moments and I know it isn't because I'm tiring of this material because Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were high points only a year ago. I think part of it is Ultron as a villain and the threat he posed did absolutely nothing for me. While this isn't a bad film by any means it does unfortunately feel like a step backwards after 2014's offerings. We'll see how Ant-Man rounds out the year but I have a feeling based on what I've seen so far that 2015 is going to be a bit of a disappointment.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #19746
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Avengers: Age of Ultron - 7.5/10

While this is a solid entry into the Marvel stable of films I can't help but feel a little disconnected from the universe they're creating. AoU fell far short of the first Avengers film for me. Obviously the newness has worn off by now but it was something more than that here. I just didn't feel as invested, the Ultron narrative failed to engage me and the action set pieces just felt too busy. There weren't any jump out of my skin comic book geek out moments and I know it isn't because I'm tiring of this material because Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were high points only a year ago. I think part of it is Ultron as a villain and the threat he posed did absolutely nothing for me. While this isn't a bad film by any means it does unfortunately feel like a step backwards after 2014's offerings. We'll see how Ant-Man rounds out the year but I have a feeling based on what I've seen so far that 2015 is going to be a bit of a disappointment.

You scored it higher than I would have but those were pretty much my feelings about it.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #19747
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Watched this today as well. The colour saturation of the film was extremely similar to The Road, so thought of that film instantly too. The movie is very dark, with great performances by Arnold and Abigail. Although the film is mainly a film about Abigails character, with less emphasis than I'd hoped on Arnold.
I loved it . I say 8/10 as well. My wife made a comment that she liked Arnold in this because he acted. She saw the acting in his face and mannerisms instead of his voice. He didn't say much but he didn't need to.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #19748
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Spooks: The greater good.
Harry Pierse a British Institution and head of counter intelligence of M.I.5. Based on the series Spooks which ran for 10 seasons , The Greater Good maintains the heart of the BBC show and while shot on more expensive equipment never forgets where it originates. For me a thoroughly enjoyable trip down memory lane and a fine piece of spy genre. Long live Harry. 7/10
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM   #19749
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) ~ 3/5

First time seeing this one. Overall, I enjoyed it. If I had some complaints it would be that the whole movie was essentially a rehash of the 2nd film (just with different locations and end goal) an the character development this time around was fairly weak.
Still a fun flick and Arnold was great in it.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #19750
abarron
Batman

Resident Evil: Afterlife 5/10

Might not help that i've seen Retribution before this one but they are starting to feel just like long tv episodes. Not one of my favourites in the series
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote