Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #19751
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) ~ 3/5

First time seeing this one. Overall, I enjoyed it. If I had some complaints it would be that the whole movie was essentially a rehash of the 2nd film (just with different locations and end goal) an the character development this time around was fairly weak.
Still a fun flick and Arnold was great in it.
T2 is that rare perfect movie and an impossible act to follow. Still, T3 was an enjoyable ride and it had its moments. Good chemistry between Nick Stahl/Claire Danes/Arnie, humor that actually worked, and a pretty powerful ending. A satisfying 7-7.5 out of 10 for me.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #19752
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
T2 is that rare perfect movie and an impossible act to follow. Still, T3 was an enjoyable ride and it had its moments. Good chemistry between Nick Stahl/Claire Danes/Arnie, humor that actually worked, and a pretty powerful ending. A satisfying 7-7.5 out of 10 for me.
I also enjoyed T3 but if I had to rank them top to bottom, it'd be T1, T2, T3 (and the only reason I'd rank T1 before T2 is because it was just so fkn cool as a somewhat new concept).
Old 05-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #19753
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
You scored it higher than I would have but those were pretty much my feelings about it.
I was teetering between a 7 and 7.5 and admittedly may have been a bit generous. While it wasn't what I'd consider great I still liked it better than the Iron Man sequels.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #19754
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The Paperboy - 7/10 I know a lot of people don't like this one, but it kept me watching. Dark and gritty story with everyone playing characters out of their usual stuff.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #19755
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Frontline: League of Denial NFL (2013) ~ -/5

(don't rate documentaries)
Informative throughout, yet a lengthy runtime plagued by frequent repetition makes this one a fairly weak viewing experience for a subject I've always been interested in
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:59 AM   #19756
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wolfcop(2014) - 6_6.5/10

Don't know why, but I felt compelled to check this out. Comedy/horror thats heavy on being cheesy and knows it. Started out really slow, I almost shut it off. But once it picked up there was some pretty funny and entertaining stuff going on. Its kind of like a cross between Shaun of the Dead and Hobo with a Shotgun. Decent time waster.

yep, its actually a movie
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:55 AM   #19757
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Mad Max Road Fury 4/5
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #19758
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Woman In Gold (2015) - Maria Altmann, an octogenarian Jewish refugee, takes on the Austrian government to recover artwork she believes rightfully belongs to her family.

Mildly pleasant drama worth seeing for Helen Mirren as Maria Altmann. I didn't know Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany (cast as young Maria Altmann) is fluent in German. It was cool seeing her too. 6/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:12 PM   #19759
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Mad Max: Fury Road 8.5/10
What an amazing ride! Very original, very visceral, totally unpredictable, and absolutely captivating. The use of practical effects made this one a joy to watch and a visual spectacle. I truly enjoyed this one far more than Age of Ultron.

And kudos to Miller for bringing us one of the strongest female characters who is not a butch, love interest, or damsel in distress but rather kicks ass and holds her own for the two hour ride.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #19760
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Mad Max: Fury Road 8.5/10
What an amazing ride! Very original, very visceral, totally unpredictable, and absolutely captivating. The use of practical effects made this one a joy to watch and a visual spectacle. I truly enjoyed this one far more than Age of Ultron.

And kudos to Miller for bringing us one of the strongest female characters who is not a butch, love interest, or damsel in distress but rather kicks ass and holds her own for the two hour ride.
I really need to watch this one. I am hearing a lot of great things about it.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote