Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #1981
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
I have never regretted getting this incredible diorama!

Awesome pic, Love the hunters victom i just ordered mine this week.
chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:57 PM   #1982
Python
Omega Red

I had one box turn up today... Always the way! And unexpected seeing as the tracking number shows it as still being sat in Heathrow airport. I think I'll wait until the other arrives until I open it up. What is in box 1 out of interest though, base or figure? I would assume base but that wasn't the case for my last Prime 1 statue.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:26 PM   #1983
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I had one box turn up today... Always the way! And unexpected seeing as the tracking number shows it as still being sat in Heathrow airport. I think I'll wait until the other arrives until I open it up. What is in box 1 out of interest though, base or figure? I would assume base but that wasn't the case for my last Prime 1 statue.
Which box did you receive, box A, or box B?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:34 PM   #1984
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Which box did you receive, box A, or box B?
A, Box 1.
Old 08-30-2022, 04:38 PM   #1985
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
A, Box 1.
Box 1 has the Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator itself and a bunch of accessories inside it, and box B has the base....
Old 09-04-2022, 05:56 AM   #1986
Python
Omega Red

Mine arrived and is all set up. I will say this as my first opinion, the setup on this is almost painful, it's unnecessarily complex. I have no idea what Prime 1 were smoking when they broke this down in to 15 million pieces (a good few of which are unnecessary) And then offered one sheet of paper with tiny images on showing you where it all goes. If they go a similar route with the 1/3, we'll have to book the week off of work to get it set up. That said my experience was probably made more infuriating by a few issues. A couple of branches don't key in where they should for example as two parts of the base are glued together slightly off from where they should be. I'm going to have to perform a bit of surgery on a few branches. A piece of the bloody skull simply doesn't fit either, so that will be glued in along with my one broken piece (Another branch)

The statue on the whole is large and impressive for sure! But is a bit of a mixed bag. Normally when I first receive a new statue, I love it at first and can't stop looking at it, then that dies down after a while. I suspect this one is going to be the other way around and I do think that is largely down to the very involved setup of it. Said setup not only leaves you a bit frustrated, but it also forces you to spend time examining basically every part of the statue which highlights minor flaws that you wouldn't usually notice.

So what I'm going to do is leave it a week and see how it grows on me (Or not) And then snap some pictures and share all of my thoughts when I've unwound from it a bit. I do think I'll come back soon with plenty of praise (Balanced out with a few cons)

Although initial thoughts are that over all it's impressive, the paint could most definitely be better but isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people would have you believe. The movie mask is poor as I was already aware of, but the Guardian mask looks great, as does the closed mandible mouth. Also it is not 1/4! I'll be back....
Old 09-04-2022, 05:34 PM   #1987
Python
Omega Red

One day in and it's already growing on me, here's a few quick snaps for now. And a few comparison shots of the bio from this next to the accurately scaled 1/4 bio from the SWS maquette. This thing is big! That is a sizeable coffee table he's sat on.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:54 PM   #1988
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Congrats Python!
Old 09-04-2022, 05:59 PM   #1989
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

No denying the presence of that guy is excellent. Gripes aside , it’s still one of the better Pred statues out there. Great pics !
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #1990
jinkazama
Cobra Command

The only thing i don't like about this, it's that it's not the Jungle Hunter from the original 1987 movie, but other than that, it's a great piece