Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #11
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The reason I believe Akuma should win is, due to the pics I've seen, Akuma has the best sculpt and paint work of the other entries. And those points count for a lot. He also has great MM, and acrylic teeth which none of the others have as well.

As far as the changes from the proto...

The base was improved.

Yeah the belt and ropes are a different color but that's not good thing or a bad thing. It's just different. Capcom wanted the change and I'm sure the quality is still there. They just a different color is all.

In all honesty I like the different colors Akuma has. I think the variation in his color spectrum actually makes him POP more!

Yes the hairline is different but honestly without seeing the prototype no one would have complained. That's because even though it's not as aggressive it's 100% normal looking and doesn't look like he's balding.

As a piece his hairline looks just fine. We are comparing him to a piece we'll never own and won't see in person.

So due to his insane sculpt, amazing paint work, great MM, acrylic teeth, and light up eyes, I believe he's a real contender.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #12
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Thanks to everyone who voted so far. In less than two days, we already have a record number of voters!! Still lots of time to vote for your favorites...voting closes January 8th.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #13
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
The reason I believe Akuma should win is, due to the pics I've seen, Akuma has the best sculpt and paint work of the other entries. And those points count for a lot. He also has great MM, and acrylic teeth which none of the others have as well.

As far as the changes from the proto...

The base was improved.

Yeah the belt and ropes are a different color but that's not good thing or a bad thing. It's just different. Capcom wanted the change and I'm sure the quality is still there. They just a different color is all.

In all honesty I like the different colors Akuma has. I think the variation in his color spectrum actually makes him POP more!

Yes the hairline is different but honestly without seeing the prototype no one would have complained. That's because even though it's not as aggressive it's 100% normal looking and doesn't look like he's balding.

As a piece his hairline looks just fine. We are comparing him to a piece we'll never own and won't see in person.

So due to his insane sculpt, amazing paint work, great MM, acrylic teeth, and light up eyes, I believe he's a real contender.
I personally don't think Akuma should have been included for this year. 98% of the buyers don't even have him yet as PCS has not shipped anything from their US facility...

It may hurt PCS's chances with alot of customers not having the piece and seeing it in person. Although it may hurt XM having 3 pieces splitting their votes giving others a slight advantage... WHO knows... I did not vote for Akuma due to some of the unannounced changes I did not care for. Whether those changes were intentional, unintentional, requested or force mejeure. I'm holding my final opinion until I have both in hand and in front of me.

But based off the international pics circulating I prefer the prototype pictured. I totally agree with you if I had not seen the prototype pic the hairline would be a non issue. The changes to the base, belt, hand ropes and sandal ropes don't bother me one bit. The hairline in the pictures does. Maybe in person it won't...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #14
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

+1 Akuma
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #15
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Akuma +1
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #16
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I personally don't think Akuma should have been included for this year. 98% of the buyers don't even have him yet as PCS has not shipped anything from their US facility...

It may hurt PCS's chances with alot of customers not having the piece and seeing it in person. Although it may hurt XM having 3 pieces splitting their votes giving others a slight advantage... WHO knows... I did not vote for Akuma due to some of the unannounced changes I did not care for. Whether those changes were intentional, unintentional, requested or force mejeure. I'm holding my final opinion until I have both in hand and in front of me.

But based off the international pics circulating I prefer the prototype pictured. I totally agree with you if I had not seen the prototype pic the hairline would be a non issue. The changes to the base, belt, hand ropes and sandal ropes don't bother me one bit. The hairline in the pictures does. Maybe in person it won't...
I completely agree I think him not being in collectors hands is going to hurt him in the voting.

Time will tell but overall the awards aren't the end all be all anyway.

Waiting until we all see the product is a good attitude to have and I hope we're all blown away when the time comes.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #17
Bmutha

Less than 24 hours left to vote!! Make sure you have your say!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #18
Bmutha

Winners have been revealed...go (HERE) to find out who won...
Old 01-09-2017, 04:10 AM   #19
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

A pity that Akuma was in the votes for 2016. Did not have him in hand so I could not vote without judging from what I see in person.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #20
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Not to start a debate here, but XM is overrated imo.
Still their products are great no disrespect, but I feel XM is like the flavor of the month and might become jaded with greed as time goes by..a lil like how Sideshow was 2 years ago with poor QC etc...
Time will tell
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote