Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #11
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
I'm guessing XM would be willing to help out the buyers that are actually in their licensed region. OP I assume you know they can't deal with buyers who skirt that agreement. That's the reason you signed up for a SF account in the first place

You do have terrible luck though yikes.
i bought from SImply toys and they told straightaway to ST they dont have replacements,
when i contacted them directly, i was asked to pay for a new one or get the damaged one repaired provided i pay for shipping both ways,, i would have paid the shipping for a new one, but no they dont even do that
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #12
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I own 4 Statues, and a couple more on PO currently with third party sellers.

I have been satisfied with all four of them. The only piece I have a small issue with is Black Bolt. The non screaming head sculpt has little dot on the side of his nose. It seems to be under the Translucent skin. I just figured he ate too much chocolate and developed a pimple Plus I like the Screaming head more.

When I compare my XM to Sideshow, I have more issues with Sideshow than XM.

I'm a registered premier member who is not allowed to purchase direct from XM, so I know the risk and have been happy so far.

I do agree with OP regarding product pictures. I'm not sure why XM doesn't update the pictures to reflect the actual production pieces. I love how clean their web site layout is designed including the Registration process, just dont love the idea of out of dates pictures.

As for Medusa, it would have been nice to include a small painted plug if you dont want to use the Scepter. As a fix I would buy some non oil based red model clay, or red playdoh to place in the hole.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
Demona
Lex Luthor

The only two (2) out of the four (4) statues that I can see have issues -- and agree they are issues -- are Ms Marvel and Dr. Strange. The Ms. Marvel breakage is a problem as is the screwed up sticker on Dr. Strange. I would be contacting my distributor -- or 3rd party -- to have them speak with XM. XM is not, and will not, help people outside of their legal operating zone. That's the life of buying an XM statue.

Now onto BB -- there are several pictures online from other Black Bolt owners that show the statue being a different shade than the shield. That was found after a two (2) second internet search. So you're not the only one and I would not call that a flaw. Hell, the pictures are from a fellow SF poster - BMutha and he seems to have zero issues.

Next up, Medusa -- the scepter holder built into Medusa's hair. That has been shown several times before PO. It's not a flaw, it's just a design of the piece. So again, not sure what the issue is there. Seems like you're just looking for something to complain about on each piece instead of going 2-for-4 on the statues

As for the list of "shadiness" that you posted -- all of those things were openly addressed by XM and other owners of those statues. The Ant-Man wrong hair color was glaring and supposedly replacements were sent of free of charge to owners. Everything else on that list was shown long before the pieces reached owners. For example, if you didn't like the arm hair or teeth on Wolverine then why did you buy him? It was there plain as day on XM's site, several forums and social media.

Not every statue from any company is going to be 100%, but it appears as if you got an account here just to start sh!t. It doesn't appear to be your intention to come in and ask opinions or see if anybody else had these issue or how/if they were resolved. You came in guns blazing at us fellow SF members (not warranted).
If this is how you addressed your distributor or XM when asking for assistance with the Ms. Marvel and Dr. Strange issues, I wouldn't be too keen on helping you out either.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #14
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I dont know folks. The OP has said he has tried to address these problems in private, but created the post to see if others have the same issues.

The OP stated they have been collecting for over 10years,
There are a lot of people who create accounts on various forums and groups to just look at all pictures. When you dont have an account some attached pics are not available to view.

I personally know the risks of buying XM from a third party. I have been fortunate to not have any major issues. If something arrived damaged I would communicate with my seller just like the OP did. In the OP's case they didn't help.

All I'm saying is I dont think we should jump on this person for posting he has kept quite over the years, but finally wanted to voice his opinion. The only thing I see wrong here is starting the thread in the XM section. I feel if it was started in the General section it would be more suited.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I've owned 10 XM statues with no issues. (Knock on wood)

XM has stated multiple times that they can not do anything for people who buy outside the licensed area and that you will have to deal with the 3rd party you bought the statue from. Sideshow is no different, if you buy a SS statue from say BBTS.com and there is an issue then SS won't help you, you will have to go through BBTS.com to resolve the issue, the same if you buy a SS through a local comic book store. And all of this is done within SS licensed area.

The other issue XM has to think about is if a 3rd party person opens the box and removes the parts to examine them and then repackages them, there is no guarantee they will repack it right before shipping it off to the buyer. You can't expect XM to take responsibility for that.

My only advice is to find a 3rd party seller who will back up the sale. If I receive anything broken my guy has already said he would take care of it. He also sent me the new Ant Man portrait free of charge as soon as he got it from XM.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #16
Comicbookguy
Hercules

How is the hole in medusa hair a qc issue? I mean that's how it's made. If it was a crack or break I would agree. I'm perfectly fine with mine as long as it's not a qc issue.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #17
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
How is the hole in medusa hair a qc issue? I mean that's how it's made. If it was a crack or break I would agree. I'm perfectly fine with mine as long as it's not a qc issue.
It's not.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #18
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
I've owned 10 XM statues with no issues. (Knock on wood)

XM has stated multiple times that they can not do anything for people who buy outside the licensed area and that you will have to deal with the 3rd party you bought the statue from. Sideshow is no different, if you buy a SS statue from say BBTS.com and there is an issue then SS won't help you, you will have to go through BBTS.com to resolve the issue, the same if you buy a SS through a local comic book store. And all of this is done within SS licensed area.

The other issue XM has to think about is if a 3rd party person opens the box and removes the parts to examine them and then repackages them, there is no guarantee they will repack it right before shipping it off to the buyer. You can't expect XM to take responsibility for that.

My only advice is to find a 3rd party seller who will back up the sale. If I receive anything broken my guy has already said he would take care of it. He also sent me the new Ant Man portrait free of charge as soon as he got it from XM.
This!

Know what you are signing up for. Smh!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #19
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

At the beginning XM did help people outside the licensed area and even let their official XM dealers sell outside the licensed area, but unfortunately people here in the forum talked about it and someone (rumored to be SS) narked on XM to Marvel/Disney which forced XM to clamp down on everything outside the licensed area or lose their license.

Anyone thinking of buying an XM statue should know this before buying.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #20
New Collector
Frackin!

Thank you Dino76m for adding to this thread and telling people about your problems that you have had with xm. May you have good luck with the statue gods and Happy collecting.
New Collector is offline   Reply With Quote