Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
patrickwm68
The Flash

Ugh!!! I finally get a Deathstroke Statue and Koto is doing the DC New 52 version.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
I'll be getting all the Black and Whites, but where's Breyfogle, Capullo and Bianchi among others, and why not another villain? This line recently passed the 50 statue mark. I have all of them so far. I wonder how long they'll go? Seems to be going stronger than ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get to 75 or even 100 at this rate. Tough on the wallet, tough on space, but ohh so good.
That Tony Millionaire one might be the worst one I have ever seen. Its just BAD. I am not a fan of the art its based on. No idea what to do on this one.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
That Tony Millionaire one might be the worst one I have ever seen. Its just BAD. I am not a fan of the art its based on. No idea what to do on this one.
Agreed, the Sean Miller one is the only really great on, and I've never even seen his art. I am a completist though.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #14
garou_terry
Blue Falcon

I wouldn't be surprised to see Breyfogle be delayed even more. Maybe he gets the special 75th stat. Big question is, who do they still have that will get consideration for like statues 55 to 74? Capullo is definitely there, along with Garcia-Lopez, Howard Porter, and maybe even the newer guys like Benes and Reis.

They gotta keep this fresh by putting in some more villains and possibly some more of the Bat-Family, i.e. Grayson, Tim, Damian, Jean Paul, Gordon, etc..

For me, that will be the only way that DC can even stretch this line to the century mark and at the same time, keep people interested in it. I mean, it worked for Randy.. look at him. Like what, 500 stats and still counting! The good thing is, the Bat-family has so much richness in it that we can definitely keep things new and exciting.

And at the start of this series, I really thought that they would just go with the artists who had influenced the Batman mythos.. but now, looks like they're going with just about anyone who has picked up a pencil and draw Bats. Ok then! I want to see Tom Grummett, Brian Stelfreeze, Nolan's Batman, Carlos D'Anda, Pat Lee!
garou_terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #15
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by garou_terry View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Breyfogle be delayed even more. Maybe he gets the special 75th stat. Big question is, who do they still have that will get consideration for like statues 55 to 74? Capullo is definitely there, along with Garcia-Lopez, Howard Porter, and maybe even the newer guys like Benes and Reis.

They gotta keep this fresh by putting in some more villains and possibly some more of the Bat-Family, i.e. Grayson, Tim, Damian, Jean Paul, Gordon, etc..

For me, that will be the only way that DC can even stretch this line to the century mark and at the same time, keep people interested in it. I mean, it worked for Randy.. look at him. Like what, 500 stats and still counting! The good thing is, the Bat-family has so much richness in it that we can definitely keep things new and exciting.

And at the start of this series, I really thought that they would just go with the artists who had influenced the Batman mythos.. but now, looks like they're going with just about anyone who has picked up a pencil and draw Bats. Ok then! I want to see Tom Grummett, Brian Stelfreeze, Nolan's Batman, Carlos D'Anda, Pat Lee!
I get the feeling Norm Breyfogle's the carrot DC keeps dangling in front of us old school Batman fans. I'm totally in favor of showcasing the Bat Family and Villains though. So many that would be instant hits.

Catwoman (Jim Balent, Tim Sale, Adam Hughes)
Azrael as Knightfall Batman (Kelley Jones)
Hush (Jim Lee)
R'as Al Ghul (Neal Adams)
Riddler (Kieron Dwyer - artist of my favorite Riddler story "Dark Knight, Dark City")
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #16
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by garou_terry View Post

I like where this is going!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #17
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I get the feeling Norm Breyfogle's the carrot DC keeps dangling in front of us old school Batman fans. I'm totally in favor of showcasing the Bat Family and Villains though. So many that would be instant hits.

Catwoman (Jim Balent, Tim Sale, Adam Hughes)
Azrael as Knightfall Batman (Kelley Jones)
Hush (Jim Lee)
R'as Al Ghul (Neal Adams)
Riddler (Kieron Dwyer - artist of my favorite Riddler story "Dark Knight, Dark City")
Yess!! Now we're talking!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #18
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

No love for the bombshell line?
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #19
iceprince_x
Deadman

i want that sandman and death bookend
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote