Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
gomur
The Tick

Erick, if you're reading this, please consider having Batman facing straight ahead or the opposite direction. It would look more aesthetically pleasing when displayed with Superman. In fact, I would prefer the Justice League NOT stare in the same direction. They should be looking around like they are assembled on a platform before a cheering audience.

Secondly, this version of Superman is AMAZING. As Ryu said "the pose of a Greek god". The portrait looks focused, determined, intense. SS really missed the boat by not having a younger portrait. One suggestion if it's not too taxing is maybe an alternate portrait where Superman is actually smiling and being warm and approachable. I grew up reading Byrne and Ordway, so this is the way he always struck me.

Of course, that portrait wouldn't work so well paired with a villain, so I'd still take the focused Superman if given a choice of one.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #12
StatueEcon101
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think the head is turned just a bit too much for the pose. Not saying that it isn't accurate but maybe 15* less turning on the head so that we don't have to decide face or body when presenting the statue.
StatueEcon101 is offline   Reply With Quote