Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #11
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I believe they're questions that will only be answered once the maquette reaches collectors.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Anyone know how much the predator is going to cost? That's the third CM on the short list. How does it compare to the SS pred, other than size? I doubt I would keep both.
Word is $2500, but nothing has been confirmed by Cinemaquette.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #13
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congratulations on getting the Terminator Cinemaquettes! They're simply beautiful. =)
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #14
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
More detailed: little dreads on upperarms,legs,chest,.../bigger base incl.plants& bio-helmet/panel arm with a working countdown system/ a more museum like pose/real leather/teeth are much more detailed.
The rest is basically the same.I guess it will be made entirely of polystone like the SS version,the same fish net,a similar awesome paint application,...
Personally,I'm still on the fence for the CM one...One thing is clear:this is the BEST predator statue EVER!!!
Does the CM predator blows the SS one out of the water...That could be an overstatement... It is much better but is it THAT much better?
Is the CM predator worth 2 or 3 times the SS maquette?
I really don't know...still debating the question for myself...
Hey Phil - welcome back - it seems like you haven't been in this forum for days...

I sold my SS Pred two weeks ago wouldn't have had room for both. Both great pieces. I am actually considering trying to go to the comic con just to see it in person...
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #15
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
Hey Phil - welcome back - it seems like you haven't been in this forum for days...

I sold my SS Pred two weeks ago wouldn't have had room for both. Both great pieces. I am actually considering trying to go to the comic con just to see it in person...
Thanks Jet,

Yep,
Hard choice to make...both great pieces indeed...can't afford to have both pieces either and for me it's not the space that's running out...
On another hand I think the CM predator will be released sometime next year.There is still some time to save up for that beauty!
The thing is if I choose to get me the CM predator,I must sell the SS one as soon as possible.
Very hard thing to do.

Is it the comic con in the UK?When is that?
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #16
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Thanks Jet,

Yep,
Hard choice to make...both great pieces indeed...can't afford to have both pieces either and for me it's not the space that's running out...
On another hand I think the CM predator will be released sometime next year.There is still some time to save up for that beauty!
The thing is if I choose to get me the CM predator,I must sell the SS one as soon as possible.
Very hard thing to do.

Is it the comic con in the UK?When is that?
Phil - the comic con is in San Diego. Arond July time I think. I would love to go, really would love to go. But the cost of the trip would probably buy me a CM Pred, so maybe I'll just sit here and wait for THX to post pictures and hassle CM for me...

I had the regular SS Pred. Sold it on ebay, and there was pplenty of interest in it. However, due to the weight, it was only really feasible for me to send it within the UK - and this obviously puts a limit on the potential value you will get back for it.
Still, I owned it - and loved the thing, and nothing can take those memories away from me!! It's just that, with the CM piece coming on to the market, I knew I could do weithout a PRedator in my life for the time being. And yes, you are right, sometimes it aint just the space that is running out...
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #17
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
Phil - the comic con is in San Diego. Arond July time I think. I would love to go, really would love to go. But the cost of the trip would probably buy me a CM Pred, so maybe I'll just sit here and wait for THX to post pictures and hassle CM for me...

I had the regular SS Pred. Sold it on ebay, and there was pplenty of interest in it. However, due to the weight, it was only really feasible for me to send it within the UK - and this obviously puts a limit on the potential value you will get back for it.
Still, I owned it - and loved the thing, and nothing can take those memories away from me!! It's just that, with the CM piece coming on to the market, I knew I could do weithout a PRedator in my life for the time being. And yes, you are right, sometimes it aint just the space that is running out...
Ah...ok.
I tought there was one in the UK too.I know there are several cons(in Europe) but I guess they are all named differently
Very true about the potential value of the statue due to the weight.That's another thing to consider.And I would hate to loose money especially on that one!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #18
Trilogy

Quote:
...and for me it's not the space that's running out...
Give it time.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #19
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
Give it time.
G:There is still time....
S:What time do you think we have?
LOL
Old 04-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #20
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
How does it compare to the SS pred, other than size? I doubt I would keep both.
Quality wise, they are both the same quality. Both pieces were sculpted by people that worked on the originals. Both pieces looks fantastic. You can't go wrong with any of them.

And congrats on the TX! It's a nice piece. I had it and sold it last year after I went 1:1
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote