Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I should have said, "will make a cool looking statue." Yep, know this is a promo shot. Since I was able to pre-order the shock trooper, this will be a nice set. At some point gotta get get Koto sandtroopers and speeder bike trooper.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #12
RichardW
I am da law!

Correct. That's an image from the Star Wars databank. Bly sure as hell better not have the same pose as the other Episode III clone troopers or I'll lose all respect for Gentle Giant...I mean Kotobukiya.
RichardW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #13
Ia Zista Zass
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

'mKay, perfect....Go w/ it...Interlocking bases...please....

IZZ
Ia Zista Zass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #14
officer dangle
Frackin!

How accurate do you guys think this report is? I checked out the web site and it seemed pretty shoddy. If so, you'd wonder if there wouldn't be more commanders (Cody, Gree, etc.) on the way. For that matter, if they were going to do individual troopers, you'd think they might do individual Jedis as well.

On the subject, what other statues, such as Palpatine and Luke, do you think Koto will be putting out in the future? Just curious what the consensus is...
officer dangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #15
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer dangle
How accurate do you guys think this report is? I checked out the web site and it seemed pretty shoddy. If so, you'd wonder if there wouldn't be more commanders (Cody, Gree, etc.) on the way. For that matter, if they were going to do individual troopers, you'd think they might do individual Jedis as well.

On the subject, what other statues, such as Palpatine and Luke, do you think Koto will be putting out in the future? Just curious what the consensus is...
The jedis has to be done. Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti. Bariss Ofee, Luminara Unduli,
Ki Adi Mundi, Plo kloon, Secura and all the others.

Also a Darth Sidious and also Greedo, Bossk, Grand Moff Tarkin, Empirial Guard.

I also think it would be cool if Koto did Star Wars Republic: Quinlan Voss, Assaj Ventress and Durge.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #16
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Someone has got to come out with a prolific and high quality line of SW sculpts -- either as mini busts, resin statues, or vinyl statues that don't take forever. GG moves like molassas. Koto's humans are not great, but I'm holding out hope that they'll improve them. Which leaves Sideshow's 12" as the lone hope. I don't know if those will be superior quality figures or glorified dolls.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #17
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Someone has got to come out with a prolific and high quality line of SW sculpts -- either as mini busts, resin statues, or vinyl statues that don't take forever. GG moves like molassas. Koto's humans are not great, but I'm holding out hope that they'll improve them. Which leaves Sideshow's 12" as the lone hope. I don't know if those will be superior quality figures or glorified dolls.

Koto is not good with humans but every thing else is great. What about Mace Windu with Yoda that one was okay was it not? I have not baught this one yet. Can anybody show pics of Mace? Not the promo pics thanks.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #18
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Koto is not good with humans but every thing else is great. What about Mace Windu with Yoda that one was okay was it not? I have not baught this one yet. Can anybody show pics of Mace? Not the promo pics thanks.
Have this one. Not bad, but Mace looks a little spaced out. Han Solo is not too bad either. Ep 2 Anakin is probably the best human of the bunch, but the upcomg Ep 3 looks bleh. The worst one is the anime-like Luke/stormtrooper (yikes). I haven't seen Obi-Wan, but from the pix, I just haven't been able to bring myself to shell out the cash. The problem with Koto's humans is the faces lack detail. I'm not sure if that's just because of so-so sculpting, or if it has something to do with the vinyl medium. At any rate, if they do start making some of the jedis and other key characters, I'll buy. I'd really like to see an announcement come from them where they unveil 5-6 great pieces like Slave Leia, farmboy or jedi Luke, Padme and a couple of jedi. Now that would be awesome.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:13 AM   #19
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

Haven't they already said that they had a slave leia and jedi luke coming up? I hope Bly has a different pose than the 501st or shocktrooper. Just the plain repaints without any chance at changing the poses is boring and pointless to me.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:18 AM   #20
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Have this one. Not bad, but Mace looks a little spaced out. Han Solo is not too bad either. Ep 2 Anakin is probably the best human of the bunch, but the upcomg Ep 3 looks bleh. The worst one is the anime-like Luke/stormtrooper (yikes). I haven't seen Obi-Wan, but from the pix, I just haven't been able to bring myself to shell out the cash. The problem with Koto's humans is the faces lack detail. I'm not sure if that's just because of so-so sculpting, or if it has something to do with the vinyl medium. At any rate, if they do start making some of the jedis and other key characters, I'll buy. I'd really like to see an announcement come from them where they unveil 5-6 great pieces like Slave Leia, farmboy or jedi Luke, Padme and a couple of jedi. Now that would be awesome.
Farmboy whos that?