Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Man, what's with the build-a-scene statues? Are they even trying? I would've been interested in a Superman Family dio, but it's not looking any better than the Batman Family one so far. Granted, I didn't think the Batman Family one was as awful as others did, but I ended up not keeping it. I just don't have the space for "average". And it has a whole two parts and the "Family" is Power Girl, Superboy, and Steel???? Do they read the comics? No Lois or Jimmy? Krypto? This is more like the "Superman Extended Family" statue.

I'm all in for the little DCUO mini-statues in the hopes that we'll get some variety as it progresses. I do like the character designs.

Kinda interested in the True Blood statue. I'll need to see some close-up pics...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Man, what's with the build-a-scene statues? Are they even trying? I would've been interested in a Superman Family dio, but it's not looking any better than the Batman Family one so far. Granted, I didn't think the Batman Family one was as awful as others did, but I ended up not keeping it. I just don't have the space for "average". And it has a whole two parts and the "Family" is Power Girl, Superboy, and Steel???? Do they read the comics? No Lois or Jimmy? Krypto? This is more like the "Superman Extended Family" statue.

I'm all in for the little DCUO mini-statues in the hopes that we'll get some variety as it progresses. I do like the character designs.

Kinda interested in the True Blood statue. I'll need to see some close-up pics...
Supergirl is on the side with Steel and I don't really care for Superboy but this dio is already 100 times better than the Batman one lol. Powergirl looks good and Catwoman & Huntress you could tell right away they were horrible.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley76 View Post
Not even the Atrocitus or Hawk and Dove?
Atrocitus will be mine!
Every piece in the Blackest Night mini bust line has looked amazing so far from the previews.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Supergirl is on the side with Steel and I don't really care for Superboy but this dio is already 100 times better than the Batman one lol. Powergirl looks good and Catwoman & Huntress you could tell right away they were horrible.
I don't know. I thought Power Girl and Superboy both had the same "average" look that seems to be consistent with the last two build-a-scene offerrings. I guess it's a little better than Huntress (anything is better than that Catwoman), but not by much for me.

I am happy about it, though. DCD just hasn't been too kind to Superman lately. First that atrocious Superman Vs. Brainiac statue and now this. More stuff like this = less stuff I feel compelled to buy...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I don't know. I thought Power Girl and Superboy both had the same "average" look that seems to be consistent with the last two build-a-scene offerrings. I guess it's a little better than Huntress (anything is better than that Catwoman), but not by much for me.

I am happy about it, though. DCD just hasn't been too kind to Superman lately. First that atrocious Superman Vs. Brainiac statue and now this. More stuff like this = less stuff I feel compelled to buy...
Yeah I totally agree. Can't they make a Superman VS Doomsday statue instead? I am sure there are lots of collectors out there to buy Doomsday than that atrocious Superman Vs. Brainiac statue
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #16
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
nothin I want
+1

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #17
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:

I was so disappointed over that Catwoman too! I mean how can they make her ugly?
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
dechirico7
The Flash

I like the Sookie and Bill statue, but if it turns out like their horrible busts, forget it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #19
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

nope... nothing for me
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #20
DSET
The Secret Six

wheres the finch black and white?
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote