Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #11
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
And when you pull out your puny FX one, I'll pull out this one
That kid of yours is evil, there should be a red blade in that saber!!!
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:16 PM   #12
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Okay, I have seen you post these pictures before, what is it and how is it better than the MR FX ones? And if so how do we get them?
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #13
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrobbler
Okay, I have seen you post these pictures before, what is it and how is it better than the MR FX ones? And if so how do we get them?
You can't get them. They were custom built and very expensive (which doesn't necessarily make them better). I think 33 were made in all and the fellow is no longer making them as far as I know. They are very realistic and made to the specs of the orignal EP IV sabers. They use Graflex handles just like the actual movie prop. These handles are extremely difficult to find. They were originally used in old photographic equipment. Take a look at this picture. The flash handle is an original Graflex:

The really neat thing about this saber is that the lighting mechanism is not an on-off switch. The motion of your thumb over the small bubbles triggers the blade and you can with practice control it to smoothly extend and retract. Look at my thumb in the second picture from the left, up above. The third picture shows the bubble trigger. Running the thumb over it activates the blade. Very, very cool.

Last edited by Zurbaran1; 08-22-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:09 PM   #14
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thanks. That is really awesome.
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrobbler
Thanks. That is really awesome.
No problem. When my custom blade was made, back around the time Episode I was released, there really weren't any bladed sabers out there to speak of. What was available was total junk, kids toys. SO if you wanted a nice saber you had to have one custom made and if you wanted one with the original components you had to pay $$$ for it. They've come a long way since then. These FX blades are really quit nice, very well made and a good deal for the money.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #16
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Hey guys, any further reviews on these? I'm thinking of picking one up for nephew as a gift. (And yes, one for myself as well). I've seen the original blue FX lightsaber on ebay, since it has sold out since it was first released. But it can get kind of pricey. And I've noticed that there's an expensive limited edition green (Luke) one coming out in November at the end of the year. Has anybody picked up the Mace Windu version or the Anakin one? And by the way, how many batteries do these take? I've heard 3 but I've also heard 6. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by Jerseydevil; 09-04-2005 at 05:50 PM. Reason: grammar
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #17
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

i've had the original for about 5 years and i love it. darth and mace should be just as good, if not better.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #18
RichardW
I am da law!

Jerseydevil, make sure you get a new FX saber when you shop for one. There is an older Luke ROTJ saber that has a bigger hilt. I think there may even be a couple sabers from AOTC. You might be able to find some information on the old vs. new sabers on Rebelscum.

The newer sabers have hilts that are the proper size. The older sabers had larger hilts for all the electronics and battery compartment. I recently got the Vader ESB saber. It's awesome. It takes 3 AA batteries that go in the hilt. The first time I powered it up my Chihuahua went running and hid under the bed.
RichardW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #19
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

The Anakin FX lightsaber arrived yesterday. I don't know anything about how these rank or what's supposed to be better than the other. I couldn't even tell you one saber from another except mace has purple and the bad guys have red. But I've gotta say, these are the second coolest SW collectibles I've seen. Just awesome and fun. Plus it's great these can be wall mounted. My daughter immediately pulls it out and starts running around the house. Gonna get several of them now -- Mace, Vader, etc. Any recommendations from the gallery?
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #20
Master Kit Fisto
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut
I am planning to buy a Star Wars FX lightsaber.

How long is the lightsaber from the handle to the tip of the blade?

Is there anybody that can post some pics?
Hey check out the gallery section of Force-Fx.com
http://www.akaimpc.com/fxgallery.html

There are GREAT pics of EVERY lightsaber MR has made...a bunch of pics too.

There is also many many FFX lightsabers video clips..
-----------------------
http://www.Force-Fx.com
Master Kit Fisto is offline   Reply With Quote