Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #11
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey BC no qouting....

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #12
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Prob should make this a sticky so it doesnt get lost.

Second we dont need 33 threads/polls on the same topic. One thread is fine for a specific statue/poll/topic. Ya i know i went over board myself this week cause things just got out of hand and just ran with the joke. So sorry about that.

Just sucks when you log onto a section to see who posted their views on a exsisiting specific topic/sculpt/paint job etc... and see it kicked to page three of a forum section in 5min. Then people miss out on it and gets buried.

If there is like 33 threads on a statue, just close or combine them all to discuss it. Would rather see the producers make a poll rather then 10 forum members doing it, or ask permission to make one.

Also dont need the SAME EXACT thread posted in 3 different sections, people will see it in the section it belongs in and if they don't word of mouth will happen for others to see it. And i mean the same thread word for word picture for picture headline for headline.

Other then that i just read, learn and have fun on the forum.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
There is so much nonsense and crap in the Bowen section that I don't like going there anymore. Its kinda sad since I actually buy more Bowen statues than anything else (besides comic art).

Thankfully there is the Comic art section of the forum where things are alot more sane. So far none of the Bowen forum nonsense has made its way over there.
I have to agree, I hardly even go in the Bowen section anymore because it's a wasteland of threads all about the same topic and mostly started by one person. No offense to him but it's the Bowen section, not the insert name here section.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #14
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I really like how this place has grown over the years...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Don't delete posts in the elimination threads until they have run their course, causes confusion, and in once case unnecessary bashing of a forum member until we all figured out what happened.

And while I am at it, what is the benefit of deleting the posts in the elimination threads in the first place ?

Does it help the forum somehow or is there another reason ?
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #16
patrickwm68
The Flash

I think mods should be the peacekeepers on the forum and not the instigators. If you don't like it then don't be a mod.

If I say something you don't agree with, please PM me. Don't call me out and insult me in public which then starts other people jumping in. It's like if a teacher was encouraging the kids to fight in her class.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #17
Mr.Fantastic
Kindly Asked To Leave

Threads where people ask if they are buying or not buying certain items.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #18
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I think mods should be the peacekeepers on the forum and not the instigators. If you don't like it then don't be a mod.
I agree
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #19
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Hey BC no qouting....
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #20
Wesley Pierce
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I like the idea of being able to create a poll or a thread that relates to a character you like, no matter the specific forum section, but yes, even I have to admit that four or five (or more) threads about any one topic or subject at one time can be a bit much.

But how do you control that?

You could limit the number of polls/threads a person begins over a given time, but that would potentially hinder them from being able to express their opinions in other sections too.

You could say "No, don't talk about this political area", or any number of other things and then, of course, limit once more the amount of expression one is able to make.

I think that the majority of members here are adults who are able to say, okay, enough's enough, I'll slow it down or would follow the requests made by the MODs without placing limits on people and their expressions.

Obviously, since this is a public forum, many things are prohibited such as nude photos and vulgar language, but how far does it go?

It's shaky ground and I don't like it.

To limit one's expression, to enforce conformity when communication is essential to ones freedoms...

Don't like it one bit.

That being said, this is a voluntary membership site. If there are rules in effect that limit some of these things and we accept those terms in order to remain members, then we have no reason to be upset by them.

I just think if people would act more polite from time to time, more reasonable, more responsible... It would be more enjoyable experience for all.

I love the threads AL and Glass and others have created over time, same with Sam Wilson... do I agree with everything they say? No. Do I like seeing multiple threads on the Same topic? No. Problem is, it doesn't matter if I like it or not. I make the decision to pay attention to it or not. I don't have the right to limit anothers expression.

Yeah, I know I get long-winded sometimes, but that is my point. We don't have the right to limit the expressions of others, but we do have the choice whether to view/participate (in) them.
Wesley Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote