Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #11
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

The strongest argument against evolution is idiots like Tim Hardaway. I'm going to say it loud and proud "I HATE IGNORANT PEOPLE!"............................and the Yankees.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #12
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Because Rocker at the time was an "active" player. Hardaway is retired. Just stupid and uncalled for. If you don't approve, what's wrong with saying, "I'm happy for him, and next question please". Everybody has a negative opinion for everything and they all want to be on the soap box. Sad.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #13
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Le Batard, who also writes for ESPN The Magazine, quoted Amaechi in a Miami Herald column saying the ex-NBA player was grateful for Hardaway's words.

"Finally, someone who is honest. It is ridiculous, absurd, petty, bigoted and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable. But it is honest. And it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far."
The freedom of thought and speech is what makes this a great country.
Amaechi realizes it, and it gave him the freedom to come out in public and say he's a homosexual. Let's see what should the outcome be of a person who announces they are g-y in Afghanistan.
Not everyone shares the same opinions. But making a statement about a group as a whole is plain ignorant. If Hardaway wanted to say "I don't condone this choice of life style" I think it would have been so much more adequate.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

well I guess he better be saving a lot of that F@ck you money he's made in the NBA, he is going to need it
Old 02-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #15
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
If Hardaway wanted to say "I don't condone this choice of life style" I think it would have been so much more adequate.
I think it would have had the same effect....not approving of anything that is SUPPOSED to be OK by media standards ALWAYS brings sh!t flying around all the time.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #16
Underdog07
Hercules

Coco - off subject, but I assume you got a Lord of Darkness, right? I was only allowed to order 1 so I could not get one for you.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #17
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Coco - off subject, but I assume you got a Lord of Darkness, right? I was only allowed to order 1 so I could not get one for you.
Oh yeah, thanks for trying ,UD. Ghost was able to get me one under my account....thanks again, man...and if you ever need a favor from me, don't hesitate to ask...
Old 02-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #18
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
I think it would have had the same effect....not approving of anything that is SUPPOSED to be OK by media standards ALWAYS brings sh!t flying around all the time.
That's because independant thought is urged to be suppressed and Americans have become a buncha p*ssies. Heaven forbid someone should have an original thought or idea that does not conform to mainstream line of thinking.
It's getting to the point where I'm going to move to Peru.
Maybe some people are not very succinct when it comes to representing their beliefs and ideals,opinions or whatever. But that does not make them any less valid.
It's in the way you present yourself that can make or break an argument like Hardaways.
For example if someone says "I hate gay people" they would be more likely to find criticism, than if they had said, "I don't agree with that type of lifestyle" That way you aren't saying all homosexuals are malicious devils.
But that their sexual prefrence differs from yours and don't support it.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #19
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
funny thing I thought hardaway was gay all this time
lol

Hardaway should have kept his mouth shut!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #20
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
I really don't see what blowing this out of proportion will accomplish...all it will do is piss people off...It's sooooo much better to have everyone saying 'Tim Hardaway is a di*k' or "I hate tim hardaway now"....I don't think half the people in the country even know who hardaway is.....but now everyone's going to hate him because of a stupid comment....yeah, that's ALOT better.....sorry UD, I just have to disagree with you on this..
I agree with a lot of that, but my point/question is why is this being covered differently then say the Rocker incident, the Steve Lyons incident, the Rush Limbaugh incident and the Jimmy the Greek incident? All of those examples were covered by the media in a way that slammed the individual. Here we have the media covering t, but in a dramatically different way.

As a concrete example of my point, here is ESPN's headline for this story: "NBA Viewpoints Clash"

Now I do not have them on hand, but I can guarantee you that none of the Rocker headlines were that non-judgmental.
Closed Thread