Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Saw this yesterday and had a great time. The film is visually stunning, really amazing. And it's a fun story. Got to meet the director, writer and production head too. I think this film will do very well. Another hit for Dreamworks.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Spideristic
Kingpin

Hoping to catch this at the theatres here in the coming weeks.

Movie Review: RISE OF THE GUARDIANS Sparks Imagination, Wonder | Badass Digest

"Everything seems stacked against the movie: the title is bland, forgettable and leads you to believe the film is a sequel to Zack Snyder’s Legend of the Guardians. The very concept of turning Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny into tattooed, heavily armed action heroes is manifestly idiotic. And then there’s the studio: Dreamworks has a history of turning out cartoons mired in already-expired-on-release pop culture references and goonish, obvious jokes. On paper Rise of the Guardians is easily written off.

On screen it’s another story. The movie is fresh, exciting, fun, smart, touching and, best of all, perfectly and squarely aimed at kids while never talking down to or condescending to them. It’s an adventure story that feels huge, and a personal story that feels real. It’s also a great superhero team up movie."
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
Saw this yesterday and had a great time. The film is visually stunning, really amazing. And it's a fun story. Got to meet the director, writer and production head too. I think this film will do very well. Another hit for Dreamworks.
I just watched the trailer for this today, and I've got to say that I agree...it does look visually stunning! I'm not a fan of the tattoed Santa look, but I love the designs of the rest of the cast, and I really want to see this. I've heard it's really quite good from several other sources as well...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Drewe
Doh!

Hi Spideristic,
Great threat and rise of the guardians threat and awesome trailer. Didn't saw rise of the guardians before but will definitely watch this movie and will share my reviews later with you.
summer starter tamworth
Drewe is offline   Reply With Quote