Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
cblakey1
Cyclops

Doesn't bother me. I'd be flattered.

Even if they used a pic from one of my auctions, who cares? When my piece is gone, I have no more use for the images.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Even if they used a pic from one of my auctions, who cares? When my piece is gone, I have no more use for the images.
Bingo! That's how I see it too. I've had them used by others before too. Some of the laziness makes me laugh sometimes because I've found people that have copied descriptions too

And lazy ebay sellers wonder why they don't sell as much lol
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
Natrix
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It does bother me not so much that they used my pictures but that they are or could be misrepresenting the conditions of their items by using someones photos. That is especially true if they claim they are photos of their actual item as in my case.
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #14
Barbarian
Jedi Order

It's happened to me a few times before. I don't care as long as they aren't selling a piece that I am trying to sell and undercut my price!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #15
cblakey1
Cyclops

Here's a note from someone whose picture I borrowed:

"for all the good it will do...You stole the pic of your Creative License Spider-Man ornament from my site, or the usual excuse, from a google search, which does NOT make it a 'stock' photo. Or, possibly ebay has it in their database from a previous seller theft, and ebay doesn't care. I don't appreciate my pics being used on ebay where they may confuse buyers as to who owns what.

Also, the statement of 'this piece is IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere on the internet' is a total lie and makes you look bad on all your orns. All are easily findable, most are on ebay now too, including 2 of the same Spidey orn, which is STEADILY found on ebay and the net. You have many mistakes in your listings from carry-over from other listings too. Why mention Wolverine in the Spidey orn listings?

'no returns'. Wrong, Paypal rules trump yours.

I'd LIKE you to get your own pic, but realize I can't force you to do anything, an ebay won't listen. but had to say something."
Old 11-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #16
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Here's a note from someone whose picture I borrowed:

"for all the good it will do...You stole the pic of your Creative License Spider-Man ornament from my site, or the usual excuse, from a google search, which does NOT make it a 'stock' photo. Or, possibly ebay has it in their database from a previous seller theft, and ebay doesn't care. I don't appreciate my pics being used on ebay where they may confuse buyers as to who owns what.

Also, the statement of 'this piece is IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere on the internet' is a total lie and makes you look bad on all your orns. All are easily findable, most are on ebay now too, including 2 of the same Spidey orn, which is STEADILY found on ebay and the net. You have many mistakes in your listings from carry-over from other listings too. Why mention Wolverine in the Spidey orn listings?

'no returns'. Wrong, Paypal rules trump yours.

I'd LIKE you to get your own pic, but realize I can't force you to do anything, an ebay won't listen. but had to say something."
"Orns." What a dork!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I would not care unless they were using it to misrepresent something in their auction or they used it to compete with something I was trying to sell at the same time

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
cblakey1
Cyclops

More funnies from the same fool. See, I guess some folks have nothing to do but scour the internet to see if their pics are being used.

"well, thanks for getting a new pic. but...

1) Just because the pic is on the internet DOES NOT IN ANY WAY MAKE IT 'FAIR GAME' for anyone to use. I don't where all you people get that false info, but it's 100% WRONG. How does a member since '99 not know better by now? Just because search engines are allowed to get thumbnail pics doesn't mean everyone can also copy and use those pics they find thru a search engine. It's automatically copyrighted when 'published' too, and I have notices on my site about not copying my pics, so NO, you can't go take any pics off the net you want and use them however want. So yes, it was stolen. and you're not using it for PERSONAL use, but for 'commercial'/selling use.

I don't spend 'all my time' looking for stolen pics, but I run into them all the time on regular ebay searches and google searches. So being a lazy ebay seller/thief is somehow better than protecting my interests like I SHOULD BE doing? All you sellers should wait till you get your own pics before listing, it would save some grief like this.

My pic is perfectly fine, not 'terrible' by any stretch. And an ebay seller has sold like 3 of the things earlier this year for $35-$40 out of his store, so people pay that, but not if they're auctioned.

You still have the big lie in your listing, but I see you edited other stuff, but why lie? Adding 'especially at this price' does not make the preceding statement any truer.

You still have the smaller lie of 'no returns'. When they pay with paypal, as you know if you've kept up with your user agreement changes, a buyer can return anything for any reason, including lying about the reason, and paypal will refund them, with no investigation. so saying no returns is just a joke, and there's a-hole buyers out there who specifically target sellers who say 'no returns' and buy stuff to screw them out of it with paypal, so it's just not a wise thing to say, and it has zero weight with ebay or paypal.

we're done now, will ignore replies."

Anyway.. the auction is over and my pic is out there on the internets for all to use. I even told him he can have mine to pimp his piece.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

It happened to me once (as far as I can ascertain) and to be honest it did not bother me. I was a bit surprised when I found out but took it as flattery and di not take any further actions.
I guess that when you Google Seach sometimes my pics show up and that thought makes me proud in a way to be honest!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You could put a watermark on your photos.
Thanks, Al.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote