Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #11
SuperJ300
Zot

Very nice!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:39 AM   #12
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
Can't wait for Deathstroke so Deadpool can make signs about him.
Deathstroke ArtFX+?

Yes, PLEASE!
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #13
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
This looks amazing. I love the vibrant metallic paints.
Yeah, I love the metallic paints that Koto uses. It really makes the statues pop. They used a metallic paint on the new Bat Woman Bishjoujo that was like a cross between a metallic red and magenta and it really made the piece for me. Had they used just a normal non metallic paint, the statue wouldn't have been nearly as nice in my eyes. Same with this Lex statue. Just would't have been the same without the metallic paint.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:57 PM   #14
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Deathstroke ArtFX+?

Yes, PLEASE!
With his second New 52 armour too please (so it's different from the 1/6 ArtFX statue).

Back to Luthor, will pre-order once it goes online.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #15
Bob Morton

Luther is cool and all but I just need death stroke and darkseid. These are the best DC baddies.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #16
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Luther is cool and all but I just need death stroke and darkseid. These are the best DC baddies.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:46 AM   #17
Griffon

Quote:
1/10 ArtFX+ are slightly larger than DC Collectibles New 52 action figures. If Koto makes a faithful New 52 Darkseid statue it would be the same size or bigger than AOU Hulkbuster:

Cover Art =

Action figure unboxing (courtesy of 1UP Collectibles) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsY4a02Ll1M
Old 07-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #18
Bob Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
1/10 ArtFX+ are slightly larger than DC Collectibles New 52 action figures. If Koto makes a faithful New 52 Darkseid statue it would be the same size or bigger than AOU Hulkbuster:

Cover Art =

Action figure unboxing (courtesy of 1UP Collectibles) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsY4a02Ll1M
Really?!?! does that mean that the 1/10 artfx will not fit with my New 52 1/10 collection? Why would they do this? It seems they are really shooting themselves in the leg by doing this. Where did you here this?
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #19
Griffon

Lightbulb

Quote:
Really?!?! does that mean that the 1/10 artfx will not fit with my New 52 1/10 collection? Why would they do this? It seems they are really shooting themselves in the leg by doing this. Where did you here this?
Don't worry, all the Koto DC ArtFX+ are in 1/10 scale so they'll fit. I was speculating if Koto makes a New 52 comic accurate Darkseid, it'll be huge. I then compared it to a ArtFX+ Hulkbuster & a DCC Darkseid action figure which are close to 1/6 statues.

DCC figures are smaller than Kotos ArtFX+ statues. Here's a comparison video of a DC Collectibles New 52 Superman action figure next to a Kotobukiya 1/10 ArtFX+ statue (start from 12:09) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVWjOPXS1I

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #20
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

From the Kotobukiya Facebook page:

"A Kotobukiya Japanese import! The latest DC Comics ARTFX+ Statue from Kotobukiya returns to the pages of the New 52 with one of comics’ most famous villains of all-time, Lex Luthor! Featured in Superman stories since his debut in 1940, Alexander “Lex” Luthor has been a thorn in the Man of Steel’s side with his extreme intelligence and suspicion of the alien. At his most dangerous Lex dons a fearsome armored battlesuit packed with cutting edge technology, and that’s exactly how he’s presented in a fantastic new ARTFX+ Statue kicking off the Villains Forever series!

When the Crime Syndicate took over the Earth and subdued the Justice League in the pages of Forever Evil it was up to villains like Lex Luthor to fight back. He appears here just as he did in the comics, ready to take on any threat to his world domination. Luthor releases his inner fury in a tensed pose, legs bent and fists held up as he’s ready to strike. Lex’s resplendent metallic green and purple battlesuit covers his whole body except for his head, and is highly detailed with panels, overlapping plates, reinforced joints, his personal logo on his chest armor and more. The only part of his body exposed is the villain’s head, and under his gloriously bald pate Luthor scowls at his unworthy enemies.

Sculpted by Ikkei Jitsukata, Lex Luthor stands just under 8 inches tall (in the ARTFX+ 1/10th scale) and like all ARTFX+ statues he has magnets in his feet for extra stability on his included display base. Lex looks great in his shiny, high tech battlesuit and is a perfect addition to any villain or hero display; just don’t let him get too close to Superman!"

Up for pre-order at BBTS:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...g&utm_content=
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote