Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
rychehitman
Galactus

TNA almost HAD To put Joe vs. Angle put there ASAP to hook any WWE fans coming over onto TNA. What were they going to do...ANGLE vs. CHRISTIAN? Been there, done that! They coudl have gone with AJ...but Joe matches up better with Angle!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Personally, I'd have had Angle put over some of the TNA guys. Not lose to them, mind you, but put them over and make them look strong. AJ, Daniels, Abyss, etc. To the WWE fans tuning in due to Kurt jumping, that might make them say, "Damn, where have these guys been all along?"

Joe does match up good with Angle, that's why it should have been saved. AJ vs. Angle would have been a good clash of styles (no pun intended). Abyss (when he's in the proper frame of mind) would have also been real good with Angle, plus he had Mitchell with him at the time. Plus, there's others I can't think of at the moment that would have been able to keep Angle busy until meeting Joe at Slammiversary.

It could have been huge.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
rychehitman
Galactus

I agree that incoming WWE talent should NOT go over THA talent right out of the gate...but ANGLE is probably the one exception. (Well...HHH too, but that is just NOT going to happen!)
Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #14
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Wait, I just re-read that and realized I typed it kinda vaguely. You are right, sir.

Angle SHOULD win against the TNA guys until the Joe feud. But it should still make the TNA guys look strong.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
rychehitman
Galactus

I just got around to watching Wrestlemania...

man, that was disappointing!

I had heard good things about UT/Batista..but it looked like the same old same old to me.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:57 AM   #16
Scolopendra
Doh!

Hadn't watched WWE in months, then I watched some of Saturday Night's Main Event. Was that ever bad. Are they in that bad of shape that they have to team up Kane with DOINK???!!!!! and EUGENE????? I guess so. And I'll be happy to find something more interesting to waste my time with. And someone needs to tell them that the John Cena train has run it's course; but as long as the kids are buying his t-shirts it won't end.
Scolopendra is offline   Reply With Quote