Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #11
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs down

and he has to announce during the World Series...what a buffoon.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

What gets me is how he used that he didn’t know what the Yankees were going to do with Posada, Rivera & Andy as an excuse for opting out. If that were really true he would have waited until the deadline to opt out instead of 2 seconds after the final pitch of the world series and he would have actually returned the Yankees phone calls if that’s what he really cared about. I think he’s going to end up on either the Cubs or the Mets.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #13
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
What gets me is how he used that he didn’t know what the Yankees were going to do with Posada, Rivera & Andy as an excuse for opting out. If that were really true he would have waited until the deadline to opt out instead of 2 seconds after the final pitch of the world series and he would have actually returned the Yankees phone calls if that’s what he really cared about. I think he’s going to end up on either the Cubs or the Mets.
I think he will go to Chicago... His boy Lou is there... I doubt he would end up with the Mets...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #14
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
I think he will go to Chicago... His boy Lou is there... I doubt he would end up with the Mets...
I am thinking Angels myself, but I wouldn't mind seeing him at 3rd base at Shea.

I am sure Mr. Wright will enjoy first base
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
worldbreaker13
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

What did this guy do for the Yanks when he was here? Take their money? Pad his stats? Let him go. They WILL be better off without him. Spend the money on pitching. That is what we need. We will get someone to play 3rd base. Maybe not with the stats, but he would give us 100% everytime he is out there playing. That is what we need to get back to.....a desire to win. We dont need players that only have a desire to just make money. Pitching and defense wins championships along with clutch hitting. That is how we won our championships. Boston did it this year, as I'm sorry to say. They dont have a 200 milllion payroll, but they showed how to win a championship. Goodbye Alex, take you and your disgraceful wife with you. We will get the lights, just make sure the door is shut tight when you leave the stadium. Thanks, thanks for nothing.
worldbreaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #16
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Scott Boras is the real jerk here not AROD..His agent is maniuplating this whole thing.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #17
kirthew
Zot

Ut oh... I see Mike Lowe being signed as a Yankee really soon...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I am thinking Angels myself, but I wouldn't mind seeing him at 3rd base at Shea.

I am sure Mr. Wright will enjoy first base
3rd base , try shortstop if he went to the mets,
hope reyes likes 2nd base, LOL. There is no way he is playing third base when he signs with another team, he range is excellent to his ands right.
To bew honest he is twice a better shortstop moving to his left ans right than jeter ever was.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #19
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

If the Yanks really wanted A-Rod to stay, they should have thought about that while they were screwing over Joe Torre. You will see this scene play out with a few other players the Yankees have not signed yet.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
and he has to announce during the World Series...what a buffoon.
NO! Youre missing the poetry of this move.

He doesnt just announce this during the World Series - he's announcing it as BOSTON is WINNING the World Series. Big difference!

He's essentially thumbing his nose at the Yankees - for whatever reason. Maybe its because of the Torre thing...?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote