Statue Forum MacDaddy

DC once again STUPID nuff said
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I'll pick up the Penguin book for my son. I'm so done with DC.
Why?

These are all individual Villain stories. Just buy the ones of the characters you like or just skip the month and pick up in October's Issue 24's.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Everyone, juist remember these are like Marvel's Point one issues. Not all are going to be worth while and some will. Just buy what you like.

Remember this is a business for DC and gimmicks are always going to be a part of collecting. So, as some of you stated you do not have to entertain DC by throwing Money at them.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #14
Babytoxie
Ghost

One September release did catch my eye. No individual issues for me, but I'll probably pick this up:

http://www.amazon.com/Necessary-Evil...necessary+evil

As far as villains go, there are also collections of the classic Joker and Deadshot minis on the way later in 2013:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Joker-Clow...ref=pd_sim_b_4

http://www.amazon.com/Deadshot-Begin...ref=pd_sim_b_5
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

There’s at least 16 Bat-Titles, as “Batman & Robin” also has its .1 to .4 issues.

Add to this count AT LEAST one issue for the Batgirl, Batwing, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Catwoman, Nightwing, Red Hood and Talon titles, and you have a total count of TWENTY-FOUR Bat-related titles in September.

Basically, half of the New 52 offerings in September will be about Batman. Who, according to the solicits, “disappears” after the events of Trinity War.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #16
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepindeath View Post
Everyone, juist remember these are like Marvel's Point one issues. Not all are going to be worth while and some will. Just buy what you like.

Remember this is a business for DC and gimmicks are always going to be a part of collecting. So, as some of you stated you do not have to entertain DC by throwing Money at them.
For all their faults I still like DC and buy comics every month even though I have cut down quite a bit. I can't stand their gimmicks though, it's like they do it solely to make money. I would be fine with it if each hero book got one villain book, but not 3 or 4! I can't support that kind of corporate greed.
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
There’s at least 16 Bat-Titles, as “Batman & Robin” also has its .1 to .4 issues.

Add to this count AT LEAST one issue for the Batgirl, Batwing, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Catwoman, Nightwing, Red Hood and Talon titles, and you have a total count of TWENTY-FOUR Bat-related titles in September.

Basically, half of the New 52 offerings in September will be about Batman. Who, according to the solicits, “disappears” after the events of Trinity War.
There are no other Batbooks in september beyond the four core titles.
The .2,3,4 issues are taking the place of Batgirl,Nightwing et al for the month.

Same with the Superman titles and Supergirl/Boy and Green Lantern and Corp,Red Lanterns, Larfleeze.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote