Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #11
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

I can't wait to see this one. My wife and I have tickets for the midnight showing on Thursday. This book and Order of the Phoenix are my two favorite books in the series so I cannot wait to see this movie. Also, Emma watson is going to be a pure knockout when she gets alittle older.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #12
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow007
wow, that's cool! i may have to read the Goblet of Fire again just to refresh my memory.....looking forward to seeing the TriWizard Tournament...and others

I did that with the first two books and regretted it. I got so much of the story in my mind and I was waiting to see it on screen as I have pictured it and I have been disappointed. They can't put everything in the book into the nmovie and GOF was such a long book packed with stuff, you might be setting yourself up. Just a thought. Looking forward to this though.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #13
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
You lucky bastid! I'm dying to see this movie already. It's one of my fave in the series! I was actually hoping the Fleur would look more "dreamy" I guess, but either way I can't wait!!!

Yeah....I thought Fleur would be more magically beautiful looking, but I"m REALLY looking forward to this movie!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
I did that with the first two books and regretted it. I got so much of the story in my mind and I was waiting to see it on screen as I have pictured it and I have been disappointed. They can't put everything in the book into the nmovie and GOF was such a long book packed with stuff, you might be setting yourself up. Just a thought. Looking forward to this though.
mmmmm, maybe a good idea for me to do. I was a bit disappointed too after having read the books just before the movies.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
Jesse321
Galactus

The books will always go into more detail than most any movie ever could ... originally GOF was supposed to be 2 movies rather than 1, but dispite the story omissions for the sake of time ... I think they did a pretty darn good job of capturing the essense of the storyline.

Let's put it this way ... I didn't walk away from the film disappointed.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I thought the first one was good, the second one okay and the third slightly better than the second. But i'm looking forward to seeing this.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:28 AM   #17
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Yeah, this pretty much applies to most Hollywood movie adaptations anyway so I don't expect them to top the book. The book is always better but I just wanted to get the details before seeing the movie. I hated what happened in the Half Blood Prince and wanted to read Goblet so I can feel better again.
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #18
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow007
Yeah, this pretty much applies to most Hollywood movie adaptations anyway so I don't expect them to top the book. The book is always better but I just wanted to get the details before seeing the movie. I hated what happened in the Half Blood Prince and wanted to read Goblet so I can feel better again.

I hear you! The only movie(s) to be just about as good as the book was Godfather 1 & 2.

I also hear you on Half Blood Prince! I'm slightly encouraged by some speculation that what "happened" at the end of Prince didn't really happen.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #19
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
I also hear you on Half Blood Prince! I'm slightly encouraged by some speculation that what "happened" at the end of Prince didn't really happen.
Think Gandalf
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:11 AM   #20
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
Think Gandalf
so like everything would be the same except the new white threads and a white wand?
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote