theargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theargo View Post
Very nice. Cant wait for mine!!
You will like it, once you get past the plastic. When it is on display, it does not look plastic.
Batman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok, I have decided what I am going to do with the Tumbler that I have with the factory paint issues.

I am going to see if it is possible to get it painted in cameo version, scaled like the movie.

Anyone have an idea where to start?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Just got mine today, and it was packed with TWO sets of RIGHT spoilers, and NO set of LEFT spoilers!

I'm so mad I could scream (and I did.)

I contacted HT, so now it's a waiting game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	color.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	50005  
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
Just got mine today, and it was packed with TWO sets of RIGHT spoilers, and NO set of LEFT spoilers!

I'm so mad I could scream (and I did.)

I contacted HT, so now it's a waiting game.

Oh no, I felt for you as soon as I read your e-mail. It's not like you can display it with a minor paint defect like mine, we are talking about a chunk missing here.

In the plus side, hopefully it will not involve a shipping of the tumbler itself, rather just the fins, express.

Keep us updated BM Prof
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman29 View Post
Ok, I have decided what I am going to do with the Tumbler that I have with the factory paint issues.

I am going to see if it is possible to get it painted in cameo version, scaled like the movie.

Anyone have an idea where to start?
don't they want the faulty one back?

And didn't they do a camo tumbler?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
don't they want the faulty one back?

And didn't they do a camo tumbler?
I have not been able to contact the seller to get it back. Then there is the issue of shipping it back to Hong Kong.

Did Hot Toys make a 1/6 scale cameo tumbler? I thought they did not.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #18
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

As I wait for the parts to arrive, I give you some impressions on this vehicle:

The level of detail is truly amazing, and the vehicle is much heavier and substantial than I thought it would be. However, the canopy/windshield is pretty flimsy, and you should be very careful opening and closing it. There's a magnet that holds the windshield in place while in the open position, and I dislodged it simply trying to close the vehicle.

I will not be displaying a figure inside, due to the grease used on the sliding controls. I don't want lubricant staining or marring my Batman figure's cape. I've also heard that the Batman's utility belt should be loosened for a more natural sitting position. Not worth the hassle.

Hot Toys should have shipped this fully assembled. With the spoilers installed, it only adds another 1/2" to the height. This seems like a really penny ante way to shave off minor packaging dimensions. More than a few people on other boards have broken the small pieces trying to install the spoilers while attempting to decipher HT's instruction sheet.

I'm sure that I'll be happier when mine is complete, but for now, it's in a cabinet out of sight, and that sucks.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #19
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
As I wait for the parts to arrive, I give you some impressions on this vehicle:

The level of detail is truly amazing, and the vehicle is much heavier and substantial than I thought it would be. However, the canopy/windshield is pretty flimsy, and you should be very careful opening and closing it. There's a magnet that holds the windshield in place while in the open position, and I dislodged it simply trying to close the vehicle.

I will not be displaying a figure inside, due to the grease used on the sliding controls. I don't want lubricant staining or marring my Batman figure's cape. I've also heard that the Batman's utility belt should be loosened for a more natural sitting position. Not worth the hassle.

Hot Toys should have shipped this fully assembled. With the spoilers installed, it only adds another 1/2" to the height. This seems like a really penny ante way to shave off minor packaging dimensions. More than a few people on other boards have broken the small pieces trying to install the spoilers while attempting to decipher HT's instruction sheet.

I'm sure that I'll be happier when mine is complete, but for now, it's in a cabinet out of sight, and that sucks.
I agree with much of what you said. I think the shipping on having the spoilers installed would have been quite a bit more though, and now keep in mind I am thinking from Hong Kong to USA or Canada. If I did my calculations correct, it would have added about $55 more.

I felt the same way about the canopy being flimsy. Oddly enough though, I must have opened it and closed it 50 times, and it still is in perfect condition.

Detail is amazing.

I just scored two more HT Dark Night Figures on ebay last night. One will be displayed with the Tumbler, I am not sure how though yet.

Thanks for your thoughts TBMP.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
datsmyboy
Frackin!

I like the variety of your stats and the way you display them! Can you show us all or your stats?
datsmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote