Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
we just recently moved into a house from our townhouse and our neigbours bring a new meaning to pricks.

anything from their dog biting my youngest, blocking the road with trees so only they can pass (the are the last house on a dead end street) , complaining about my kids riding their bikes on the road, the noise my kids make playing outside, and last night trying to offer our renter a better deal on a house they have for rent in another part of town.

First off, my kids are extremely careful on the road with their bikes and we are ALWAYS aware of where they are and what they are doing, secondly when my kids are outside playing they dont make any more noise than you would expect (there is no screaming just having fun) and we have a basement suite that we rent out to a very nice lady who we get along with wonderfully. We get along great with all our other neighbours and everyone we talk to thinks shes mostly insane but with her offering my rent that last night I'm done.

I need suggestions of what can be done - LEGALLY - to make her life a LIVING HELL

I'm going to put her on a mailing list for retirement living, assisted living and funeral homes (she and her husband are retired)
but short of doing things that are illegal I'm looking for suggestioins

I'm halfway tempted to post her address here so everyone can sign her up for something
my neighbors and co-workers have learned i have a crazy streak that they wouldn't want to contend with if they piss me off so they try to stay out of my way. i will go to the mat for my friends but cross me and you'll get the horns.

just last week my next door neighbor that's a part time resident actually had the sack to throw a couple of kegger cups in the street because another neighbor had a keg party and didn't dispose of their refuse. why not just throw them in the trash? needless to say, he crapped his pants when i knocked on his door and he won't be doing that again.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
spenca7
Loki

while working as a police dispatcher, there was a neighbor in the town i worked that was just like this. The entire neighborhood hated her and one of the guys who lives next to her worked for a sign making company. He had professional signs made that said:

"House for sale by neighborhood"

each time she took one down...another went up. people kept coming to the house or calling for info. finally she called us and we had to end it but it was hillarious
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

The dog biting your child is reason enough to take action against them.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Go buy a bunch of size 'D' batteries, wrap them in duct tape, and toss them at her house from ur backyard at night...when she wakes up in the morning...she can see the carnage!!! Oh and wear gloves
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
The dog biting your child is reason enough to take action against them.
yeah that too! Have them charge her with biting your kid. Sue her....only bad thing is they may put her pooch down
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

the strongest thing you can do is get a restraining order citing harassment. its not something you take lightly, but in effect what it does is makes them intentionally coming into contact with your family or property, in any way, illegal. Certainly try to work it out, have a sit down with them and see if they're rational or not, before heading down the legal route though.

i wouldnt pull any gags either. if it escalated you'd be the one looking like an idiot when they pull out the box of dog!%&!%&!%&!%& you sent them or spam mail etc...and you can indeed be traced to all of that if they were determined enough.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #17
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
Go buy a bunch of size 'D' batteries, wrap them in duct tape, and toss them at her house from ur backyard at night...when she wakes up in the morning...she can see the carnage!!! Oh and wear gloves
ok I dont get this , what does it do
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
Meta Jon
Daredevil

we've filed a complaint with the city about the dog and the city as talked to her and has started a file on her.
The city has also talked to her about the trees and because of the dead end road the city won't do anything about the trees because it's not permament - they are in planters and can move, but they are on whats considered her property so the city is allowing it.
Her husband is also a retired cop and still works the 911 lines so I'm not about to do anything stupid to their house or possessions.
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
we've filed a complaint with the city about the dog and the city as talked to her and has started a file on her.
The city has also talked to her about the trees and because of the dead end road the city won't do anything about the trees because it's not permament - they are in planters and can move, but they are on whats considered her property so the city is allowing it.
Her husband is also a retired cop and still works the 911 lines so I'm not about to do anything stupid to their house or possessions.
kill the tress just get some fertilizer and dump alot in the planters
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #20
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Personally, I wouldn't retaliate in any of the ways suggested. You can't treat an aggresive person aggresively-that just escalates things and they don't learn any lessons. Unless you want to move, you're stuck with them and should try to make peace. Swallow your pride for the good of your family and teach them a valuble lesson while your at it. Be so nice they can't stand it. Offer to help them rake leaves...any heavy lifting...share a great new gadget you've found etc. In this way they will start to respect you and soon you will be neighbors with someone who has your back rather than someone who wants to stick a knife in it. Worked for me.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote