Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

For me this was the most grown up movie of the trilogy and easily my favourite from Marvel Studios. While watching the movie and seeing Tony run around I knew people would be disappointed that he wasn't in the suit as IM as much. But we got to see alittle more of his ingenuity and the final scene more than made up for the lack of interactivity. He wore at least five suits in that scene. Pepper Potts kicked ass. I'm the same age as GP and for me women have never looked better than when they hit 40 and have looked after themselves. God that woman is stunning.

I also figure people will not like the Mandarin twist, which i never say coming. The trailer has to be the most misleading I've seen from a studio which is a good thing IMO as its become far too commonplace to show almost the entire movie in modern day trailers.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #12
Gianco
X-Force

I didn't like the movie. After the scene of the "Mandarin" coming out of the bathroom it was downhill with no brakes for me.......
The first movie remains my favorite of the trilogy by far.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #13
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Second one is still the best. hated what they done with mandarin, althougj most of it was funny, the novelty soon wore off. The exclusion of a proper easter egg ending made the experience even more underwhelming
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

sounds like this movie isn't all that good. and isn't the price of admission. guess ill wait for it to come out on dvd.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
sounds like this movie isn't all that good. and isn't the price of admission. guess ill wait for it to come out on dvd.
In the rate the last movie thread there are 4 ratings. 3 of which were 9 and one was 6 (which i wasnt surprised). I'd call it worth seeing and plan to on opening night.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I had a great time with IM3. I LOVE the cinematic Tony & Pepper-the characters and their relationship- and what can I say of Guy, the guy is a Big Gun. Still missing the chemistry of RDJ-Terrence.

Now to the story, best way to say it, I had mixed feelings with it, I knew we'd get a different take to the whole Extremis....and even liked it, as I liked the intro of the Mandarin with that 'touch of reality' and then as mentioned came along the BIG revelation, when Tony hides and you hear the flush I did laugh then the 'Mandarin' came out walking funny and waving the hand I snaped and laughed out laud so hard and while at it suddenly I thought: 'wait a sec, that's it? is this the approach of a 'classic' character of the IM universe? It felt 'off'-even more than the whipslah/dynamo amalgam-it was definitely a hard pill to swallow.

Back to the story, I felt the Killian's agenda was kinda light and confusing especially the creation of AIM, the oil spill thing and even the 'Extremis Pepper' purpose- like it needed some more time to click/wrap better.

I enjoyed the Tony Bourne action sequences and like it too the interaction with the kid-that I normally don't like in the genre-

Anyways, I'm game for more IM, so far:

Iron Man 9.5
Iron Man 2 6.5
Iron Man 3 8.1
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #17
demonhunter
Kingpin

Entertaining, but some parts could've been better. There're many twists.Some brilliant, some were like a very sudden switch.The best thing about IM3 is that it shows an imperfect hero.He's Tony Stark, but his gadgets aren't perfect & don't work everytime, which is more relatable for us mortals compared to a god like Superman. Despite Tony's swagger and bravado, he fumbles a lot too like us. So that makes him endearing. This movie is the best way to cap Iron Man trilogy.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #18
demonhunter
Kingpin

The Extremis thing that turned people into superbeings that can have internal body temperature so high, you can melt metal like handcuffs, regrow limbs and superstrength that you can even crush Iron Man armour was already a very very long stretch of imagination. I think it was overboard for my taste when they threw in Killian shooting fire from his mouth.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #19
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I can certainly understand the disappointment with the take on the "Mandarin". Killian was the Mandarin, Ben Kingsly was simply a puppet. I'd figure fans of the IM comic will take issue but the vast majority of people going to see this wouldn't have a clue who the Mandarin is anyway. It seemed to get a good reaction at the cinema.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #20
Rocket
Art of Mod

The more I sit with it the more offended I am at what was done to the Mandarin character. I think the general movie going audience may feel cheated also, considering the trailers and advance marketing (online, print interviews etc) all built Mandarin as the big bad. I know in my cinema (opening night, actual legitimate Marvel fans) there was audible complaining once that moment arrived.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote