Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
Colossus
Loki

I think they look awesome!
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlitFisto View Post
I like his pose, but not for him in that outfit. He looks disoriented.
I think this pose is PERFECT...he has fear in his face, he's looking up at the upcoming full moon and is pose suggests he is cowering away in fear because he knows is transformation is about to happen....I think it captures the essense of Professor Lupin, a cursed man, just right.
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Torment View Post
I think this pose is PERFECT...he has fear in his face, he's looking up at the upcoming full moon and is pose suggests he is cowering away in fear because he knows is transformation is about to happen....I think it captures the essense of Professor Lupin, a cursed man, just right.
I think it's too film specific. You only see him in the 3rd transform, just like you only see Serius Black in Azkaban in the 3rd film, which is why Im not a big fan of that bust either.

If it's not Star Wars, chances are rare to see duplicate busts of the same character in different outfits/styles from different episodes, with HP the exception being Harry so far.

Me, I like something that can work across all the tables, something that doesnt anchor something to something specific unless it's a diorama or something TOTALLY memorable where we'd get a regular version too.

If I had the chance to own only one Lupin, I wouldnt want him looking up in his weakest moment that we only see once on screen.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

That moment defines this character more than any other. Across all novels, his biggest fear, shame, cause for isolation is this sickness, this lycanthropy. That fear even clouts his mind when he is about to have a child.

What other pose would you have wanted? With his wand out? I mean him in human form not as a werewolf as well.

You say it's film specific- they are supposed to be. If you meant the literal pose itself, well I don't think this is from the film directly in that sense either.

I hope I am not coming across too argumentative, I think this is a good discussion that's all
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #15
Igo
Producer
Producer

It's not just that it's movie specific, it's also scene specific, one scene, just like Sirius and Ron Wesley.

Im not disagreeing with you on his character, but taking a character and translating them into something you'll probably only see once, for $50, and putting them in their weakest state that only works visually for one tiny scenario in one movie doesnt sit well with me.

It's totally opinion based, there is no right or wrong, but some things translate well into certain mediums and some things dont. IMO I'd rather have a well done print of him in his moment of weakness where you can convey mood, lighting, composition, and so much more so much better that having something that to me should be something different.

To me a bust is something that should portray the character, work well as a solo piece, can work as a single piece in a completest set, a line-up, and can sit in a themed set-up. Like Fisto said, put him in your HP set with everyone else and he'll look awkward.

You can make him holding a wand without it being the same pose as other wand-holders, or he doesnt even need his wand and can still work, but this isnt what I wanted out of him because it's too too too specific to one thing.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #16
KlitFisto
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Bingo.
KlitFisto is offline   Reply With Quote