Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Remember when these guys were traveling the world, convention to convention, arriving in limousines and throwing down like rock stars, or visiting foreign dignitaries. They had security people running around telling people not to take pictures of their product at shows. Making you feel like you were trying to photograph top secret military technology. A never ending line of difficult or impossible to get exclusive after exclusive. Treating the collectors like crap, and providing some of the worst customer service imaginable. Hmmmmm guess that kinda didn't work out so well.
Oh, yes. The good old days that has LONG gone.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Glad I got out while the getting was good.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Remember when these guys were traveling the world, convention to convention, arriving in limousines and throwing down like rock stars, or visiting foreign dignitaries. They had security people running around telling people not to take pictures of their product at shows. Making you feel like you were trying to photograph top secret military technology. A never ending line of difficult or impossible to get exclusive after exclusive. Treating the collectors like crap, and providing some of the worst customer service imaginable. Hmmmmm guess that kinda didn't work out so well.
GG in a nutshell.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATINKNIGHT7 View Post
The question now that they have the Marvel license is will they show us a piece in May that won't drop until March of next year ? If you have it available for pre-order I shouldn't wait 10 months for it. Its absurd !! LK7
You must be new to this then? Thats how GG operates. If its so "absurd" quit collecting their product, or at the very least quit pre-ordering. Whining about pre-orders/delivery dates in multiple threads now only incites the mass of collectors still holding a grudge against them to break out their pitchforks and rally against GG. Fanning the flames serves no purpose and its nothing new. Those of us that have stuck with GG through all the BS do so because we like the product. Move past their shortcomings as a company and collect accordingly.

Quote:
I think everyone is aware of their behavior back in their glory days by now. It was despicable and they've suffered as a business because of it but none of it is relevant to the OP's comments. They've made positive changes and improved their business model considerably since then. Granted it still needs a lot of work but the effort is being made and those days you've mentioned are long gone.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #15
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Should I worry about my Sucker Punch statues?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #16
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Should I worry about my Sucker Punch statues?
I would love to add these to my collection, but I would also love to add the quarter scale Harry Potter statues to my collection.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #17
mapman
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

They have improved in some areas, and gone down in others, QC is questionable. They still can't get product out on time.

Now to top it off, shipping prices are going way up, nearly double depending on your shipping method of choice....

I tell ya for every one step they take to improve, they take two steps backwards in other areas.
mapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I agree with Hellboy, vote with your wallet. If you are so drawn by a piece that you will suffer any degree of BS to get it, then you invite the BS on yourself.

Personally, the way a company treats its customers, deals with issues, handles its product quality and rewards customer loyalty, these facts will always rate higher than a particular product that I like.

I've been waiting for a company to bring out statues based on the characters from Mass Effect, however, even if Mcfarlane brought these guys out tomorrow I wouldn't touch them...why? I don't agree with Mcfarlanes business model and I don't like the way they handle quality....it's just my opinion, but I would rather vote with my £$£ then come onto a forum and complain about them AFTER purchasing more of their products.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I am pretty close to selling off the entire GG minibust collection. They are great pieces, but I need the display space. I'm gonna run the numbers this weekend. I may just put it out there to see if I could get a price for the whole shooting match. If not I'll just leave em where they are and collect onesies and twosies here and there.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

I am down to my last few pieces I started selling of my stuff in october and I am down to my lat 20 or so pieces. I was surprised that I did decent on the ebay sales. Would have been better if ebay didn't soak up thier take.