Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
sheesh - why does CGC need to grade art? It is not like there is a need for them to authenticate that this is actually Liefeld. I don't get it.
I agree why grade or authenticate art on a comic backing board??? at that size its not like the piece it going to hugely be questioned of being authentic nor if the value will rise substantially for pieces on backing boards...

Not putting your piece down Gman its actually a cool lookin Wolverine just my thoughts on CGC and grading I don't care for graded comics either.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

i guess the size of the art comes into play...perhaps this is a starting point and down the line they will authenticate original art or commissions on 11x14 or 11x17 board....who knows?

this is a cool way to get a commission or sketch and at least know it is legit....i have no idea what the cost is, etc but i am looking into it.

i saw this piece being offered and thought it was cool. seller had a killer neal adams piece but the ol gman could not bring himself to pay the asking price.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #13
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
i guess the size of the art comes into play...perhaps this is a starting point and down the line they will authenticate original art or commissions on 11x14 or 11x17 board....who knows?

this is a cool way to get a commission or sketch and at least know it is legit....i have no idea what the cost is, etc but i am looking into it.

i saw this piece being offered and thought it was cool. seller had a killer neal adams piece but the ol gman could not bring himself to pay the asking price.
So in other words you low balled him on his asking price and he told you no.:laugh
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #14
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

no jacka$$.....it sold within seconds of it being posted...get your facts straight before opening the ol pie hole.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #15
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

oh. i thought it was just a normal dealing with the Gman.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #16
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Excellent art, Gman!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Usually I'm not a fan of Liefeld's work; justifiably so as he's turned out some sub standard work over the years. This Wolverine is actually really nice and would make me reconsider my views on Liefeld if all his art was this good.

Not sure how I feel about the CGC slabbing of it though. Granted they're not grading it, rather just authenticating, but at the end of the day, it's still slabbed. I have some mixed emotions on this, but that is a conversation for a seperate post.

Nice art, good score, thanks for sharing it.
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #18
Frank
Death is hereditary.

I'd read a Wolverine with art by Rob. That is pretty great.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Gman, did you get this directly from Rob? I've been waiting on a commission for him, but haven't heard back after my latest rounds of emails.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
only on this size (backing board) and then it needs to be witnessed. no actual grade assigned...more of authenticating the art.
Because how would they come up with a grade? How well THEY think it came out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
I agree why grade or authenticate art on a comic backing board??? at that size its not like the piece it going to hugely be questioned of being authentic nor if the value will rise substantially for pieces on backing boards...

Not putting your piece down Gman its actually a cool lookin Wolverine just my thoughts on CGC and grading I don't care for graded comics either.
Not a fan of the CGC either - and now they are trying to get into authenticating art... ugh...

Quote:
no jacka$$.....it sold within seconds of it being posted...get your facts straight before opening the ol pie hole.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote