Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

That is true...I had a buyer wanted me to refund him for a piece that i sold on ebay, cuz he said it was broken.
But when i ship my item all of them go with tracking and insurence for broken or lost item. Just incase that i dealing with a scammer.
When he emailed me claiming that he had received his item broken, i told him go after USPS that is why i paid for insurence...!

do you know what he did? He got a kicked on the groin

But i recent got this kind of scammer...
I recently sold a "Pioneer CDJ-1000MK3" turntable for $1,200. The buyer "vman" had "8" positive feebacks and had a wierd last name "Khanamiryan". But since he used Paypal i thought i was safe from any fraud claims. Wrong!.

He made his purchase thru Ebay then paid using paypal like we all do. But this scammer had a plan to get this thing for free.
He knew that most of us ship our item in a 2-3 days time frame. So 4 days after the purchase date he calls or contacts his credit card company saying that he had a charge on his credit card of "$1,200" from Paypal that he didn't made. So what Paypal does...? Goes to my Paypal account and holds the "$1,200" funds that i had transferd to my bank account.
So now I would have been in serious trouble if i had shipped this item out righ away...Right?! Good thing I didn't.

So what I found out or I think this douche bag is trying to do is very simple. He makes his purchase on Ebay pays with paypal and after 4 days he calls his credit card company saying that he has a fraud charge from a Paypal user for an item on Ebay that he didn't purchase. Claiming that someone stole his credit card and used it on Paypal to make an Ebay purchase of "$1,200" item.
I called Paypal, and they told me not to ship the item out until they figure out what is going on with this transaction.
So stay tuned for updates on this.
Ben
benocehcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #12
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I really can't reveal how I do it. But if you be a little creative, there are MANY ways to do it. Just remember to do it in a hidden place as to not lessen the value of the statue!
I considered that but at the end of the day it deosnt matter. Paypal always sides with the buyer. I had a prick return an empty box to me just so he could prove he returned the item. Once paypal got the delivery confirmation they returned his money. When i informed paypal it was an empty box they said it was a police matter and that there was nothing they can do.

PAYPAL SUCKS
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
I considered that but at the end of the day it deosnt matter. Paypal always sides with the buyer. I had a prick return an empty box to me just so he could prove he returned the item. Once paypal got the delivery confirmation they returned his money. When i informed paypal it was an empty box they said it was a police matter and that there was nothing they can do.

PAYPAL SUCKS
This works both ways
Old 01-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post

PAYPAL SUCKS
I do know that USPS lists the shipping weight on their receipts. Can't you use this to show PayPal you received an empty box?
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #15
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I do know that USPS lists the shipping weight on their receipts. Can't you use this to show PayPal you received an empty box?
Not if they put rocks or something in it to justify the weight, which I've heard has been done.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Thats crazy...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Thats why I like to wait until the money clears to my bank account before shipping... they cant touch it in there.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Thats why I like to wait until the money clears to my bank account before shipping... they cant touch it in there.
Yes they can. Cuz your paypal will go negative (-)
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benocehcap View Post
Yes they can. Cuz your paypal will go negative (-)
Paypal goes negative because there's no money to take, you're still not out the cash. If they don't fix the problem, bye bye Paypal account, at least you're not out any money.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #20
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Thats crazy...
I've heard of pavers and bricks being sent back as well ... this is why I'm leery of doing anything on ebay anymore.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote