Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Do you think current PCS current packaging is acceptable?
Stryofoam packaging quality is acceptable no need to change 6 8.70%
Styrofoam packaing quality is unacceptable I would pay extra for better packaging 62 89.86%
I dont see what all the fuss is about it's only a statue 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

I take umbrage with the notion that the costs for better packaging should be the responsibility of the consumer....so I didn't vote in the pole.

I'm paying $500 for a statue (and I'm happy to do it)....the idea that somehow that amount is insufficient to cover packaging whose quality matches the quality of the statue is ludicrous.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
You forgot the entry 'Styrofoam packing quality is unacceptable but I wouldn't pay extra since it's my right as a buyer to have the item delivered to me undamaged'..
Acknowledged and you are correct but we have been asking for a change since the start and nothing so I suppose my point is would you pay the $10 extra for the upgrade if that's whats required for something to happen. Damn if it would beat stuff arriving broken and allow us to re-use the styrofoam multiple times then so be it.

As usual you are all correct I forgot the option for ....

It is my god given right as a consumer paying circa $300 for a high end collectible statue that it arrives adequately packaged using materials which last as long as I plan to keep it for!

I vote that one too thanks for pointing it out oh an stick your tick in the box for better packaging anyway as a company rep may just stand up and take notice if enough do!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I purchased the ex Judge Dredd, and I'm telling you right now, if PCS skimp out on the packaging on that $500 item and it arrives in any way damaged, then not only will it be going back, but that'll probably be it as far as my support of their releases go. Even the best pieces around aren't any good if they arrive broken or damaged, regardless of who makes them...

As an international collector this hobby is hard enough as it is, with shipping costs and so on, as well as the occasional breakage in transit to boot even in well packed pieces, so I can't wholeheartedly support a company that actually knowingly increases the risk that a piece I buy won't arrive in the condition that it should do by using second rate materials in packaging.

To tie up one's money for months in advance, taking a leap of faith that the final product will be worth the wait and money invested in it, only to recieve a broken piece that often can't be replaced due to the exclusivity of the run is no fun at all, and puts a serious dampener on collecting, so one would think that all companies out there would want to do everything they practically can in order to make sure that their items were well packed, and had the best possible chance of arriving safely and in the condition collectors expect and deserve. Otherwise those customers that get broken statues and feel burnt by the whole thing are far less likely to buy that company's next release, and who could blame them?

I mean just speaking for myself, I'll give any company the benefit of the doubt once, and take a chance with them if it is a piece that I want, but I'm far, far less likely to give them a second chance if that first experience went badly. Particularly if it was due to issues that could have been avoided, such as poor packaging not providing adequate protection.

Also, I have to agree with those that say we pay enough for these pieces as it is, to try and say we are the ones that should be paying even more for better quality packaging just to make sure the high end items that we are buying actually arrive in the condition that they should reasonably be expected to is frankly ridiculous.

I hope that Jerry doesn't get offended by this thread, but instead takes this on board as legitimate criticism of an issue that should be addressed for future releases, as it is something that is a real concern for many of his customers and potential customers.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
I purchased the ex Judge Dredd, and I'm telling you right now, if PCS skimp out on the packaging on that $500 item and it arrives in any way damaged, then not only will it be going back, but that'll probably be it as far as my support of their releases go. Even the best pieces around aren't any good if they arrive broken or damaged, regardless of who makes them...

As an international collector this hobby is hard enough as it is, with shipping costs and so on, as well as the occasional breakage in transit to boot even in well packed pieces, so I can't wholeheartedly support a company that actually knowingly increases the risk that a piece I buy won't arrive in the condition that it should do by using second rate materials in packaging.

To tie up one's money for months in advance, taking a leap of faith that the final product will be worth the wait and money invested in it, only to recieve a broken piece that often can't be replaced due to the exclusivity of the run is no fun at all, and puts a serious dampener on collecting, so one would think that all companies out there would want to do everything they practically can in order to make sure that their items were well packed, and had the best possible chance of arriving safely and in the condition collectors expect and deserve. Otherwise those customers that get broken statues and feel burnt by the whole thing are far less likely to buy that company's next release, and who could blame them?

I mean just speaking for myself, I'll give any company the benefit of the doubt once, and take a chance with them if it is a piece that I want, but I'm far, far less likely to give them a second chance if that first experience went badly. Particularly if it was due to issues that could have been avoided, such as poor packaging not providing adequate protection.

Also, I have to agree with those that say we pay enough for these pieces as it is, to try and say we are the ones that should be paying even more for better quality packaging just to make sure the high end items that we are buying actually arrive in the condition that they should reasonably be expected to is frankly ridiculous.

I hope that Jerry doesn't get offended by this thread, but instead takes this on board as legitimate criticism of an issue that should be addressed for future releases, as it is something that is a real concern for many of his customers and potential customers.
Tell us how you really feel. LOL.

j/k man. i perfectly understand where is everyone is coming from since PCS is the only that uses the cheaper styro from all the stuff i buy as well. Glad the Thundercats got the good styro. wish SF would get those upgrades.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
Which is my exact point for the creation of this thread... thanks for echoing my sentiments in the hope that PCS listen to their customer's which is of course the key to the success of any business!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
High Lord Apocalypse

i dont think it'll make a difference. from what i remember jerry already said that the SF line has such low edition size that he doesnt see himself forking over the extra cash for higher priced styro. i can only assume he means the profit margin is much lesser on the SF line due to smaller edition.

Thats also when he said the thundercats would get the better styro.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhobbies View Post
i dont understand why good packaging should increase in the price of the statue, already the pricing is high for your statues, i know the cost of manufacturing and it is below 100$ per statue, that includes packaging as well, so i dont think there is a reason for this poll at all, packaging is extremely important and that what made companies like sideshow rise up, u shouldnt even ask us for this, the poll result was already known before it even started, and let`s just be honest, PCS had some failures with their last pieces and u should act against it by raising the quality of your pieces and one of the things that should be well taken care of is PACKAGING
So true, why we still need to pay more since the statue is price over $300? Pcs should improve it to avoid the damage, they are selling expensive statue.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
High Lord Apocalypse

i posted the same question in the thread.

Are some of the statues arriving because of poor castings or is it the styrofoam?

i recall seeing a borken zangief and the crack happened at the point where the casting was practically wafer thin. i've seen it before on hulk vs spiderman diorama too..

i thought the styrofoam was more of an annoyance when it crumbles all over the damn place and completely ripped apart when the statue exchanges hands after mulitple owners. That decreases the value of the statue since collectors can be really picky.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

The styrofoam is annoying when you buy an Akuma and during transport his fist does a die 1000 deaths out through the styrofoam and pierces a big hole through your collectible art print that comes with the statue!

That's when you know I can speak from experience
Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
High Lord Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
The styrofoam is annoying when you buy an Akuma and during transport his fist does a die 1000 deaths out through the styrofoam and pierces a big hole through your collectible art print that comes with the statue!

That's when you know I can speak from experience
ouch!
Closed Thread