Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
swim
Birdman

Battle damage is a yes for me. Wish there was no t-1000 and cheeper price point..
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yeah, me too, but since I have the T-1000 from Hot Toys they might look cool next to eachother. Guess I have to use all my rewardpoints and order this, looks fantastic!
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Glad I didn't get the last DX. This was the proper BD version I was wanting. Now they just need to release the new Endo.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #14
siegaard
Doh!

HOT TOYS T2 DX13 frustration-

Due to finances, I had to cancel my DX10 pre-order a couple of weeks ago without knowing about the DX13 release. I personally have modeled a battle damaged version T2 Arnold using a badly sculpted Tskuda 1/6th scale vinyl kit and resculpting the head with real hair and totally scratch-building the Mini-gun its ammo belt, and grenade launcher with 40mm grenades+its belt, shoulder bag with sculpted 45 cal.+ C4 bars and detonators. I did the build above 3 times, mostly for wealthy Japanese kit collectors back in the '90s.
I am a former garage kit sculptor. I had a master plan for the DX10, because the likeness sucked. I bought 2 eBay of the earlier Hot Toys' Arnold T2 "Guns & Roses" heads (which I consider better than the DX10 and the DX13 heads PERS or not (the DX13 being a shade better). I also bought a battle damaged T2 head on eBay to use the endo parts on the 2nd "G&R" Arnold head. The DX13's light up Endo eyes are too cool thou!!

Ebay has a custom 1/6th DX10 T2 using the same HT first T2 "G&R" head and adding in Endo parts. It is now at over $300.00 from a British seller. It is the version Hot Toys should have made.
eBay 's title:
Hot Toys Terminator 2 T2 T800 Battle damaged Custom 1/6 DX10 Arnie The Best!
eBay Auction Item Number: 110975537465
However the Coo model mini-gun ranks tops above the HT and Other mini-guns.
All in all, If Hot Toys had hired Arnie Kim to sculpt the heads for the DX10 and DX13, we would not be agonizing over these toys!!!
Wayne THE DANE Hansen
siegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #15
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Damn 300 bucks
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #16
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegaard View Post
Due to finances, I had to cancel my DX10 pre-order a couple of weeks ago without knowing about the DX13 release. I personally have modeled a battle damaged version T2 Arnold using a badly sculpted Tskuda 1/6th scale vinyl kit and resculpting the head with real hair and totally scratch-building the Mini-gun its ammo belt, and grenade launcher with 40mm grenades+its belt, shoulder bag with sculpted 45 cal.+ C4 bars and detonators. I did the build above 3 times, mostly for wealthy Japanese kit collectors back in the '90s.
I am a former garage kit sculptor. I had a master plan for the DX10, because the likeness sucked. I bought 2 eBay of the earlier Hot Toys' Arnold T2 "Guns & Roses" heads (which I consider better than the DX10 and the DX13 heads PERS or not (the DX13 being a shade better). I also bought a battle damaged T2 head on eBay to use the endo parts on the 2nd "G&R" Arnold head. The DX13's light up Endo eyes are too cool thou!!

Ebay has a custom 1/6th DX10 T2 using the same HT first T2 "G&R" head and adding in Endo parts. It is now at over $300.00 from a British seller. It is the version Hot Toys should have made.
eBay 's title:
Hot Toys Terminator 2 T2 T800 Battle damaged Custom 1/6 DX10 Arnie The Best!
eBay Auction Item Number: 110975537465
However the Coo model mini-gun ranks tops above the HT and Other mini-guns.
All in all, If Hot Toys had hired Arnie Kim to sculpt the heads for the DX10 and DX13, we would not be agonizing over these toys!!!
Wayne THE DANE Hansen
You seem to have good attention to detail, and I agree - the original t2 t-800 is still a better likeness, but the DX13 is an improvement on the DX 10 (and it is a great balance of BD and likeness to represent Arnie).

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
Damn 300 bucks
No joke. More even. The first "regaular (12") sized" figure to reach above $300 (I think). If it hadn't included that killer liquid t-1000, which is almost a figure in itself, then I would be a little concerned :/ I always wanted a liquid metal t-1000, but for people who don't want that I can see why they'd feel jacked.
But the quality, effort, options, and the fact it doubles up as a diorama make this one of the coolest figures and T2 pieces
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
badhulk
Nightwing

Will pick this up for sure
badhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Rayminator
Frackin!

Holly Molly

Holly Molly! WTF wowwww, im freaking out here man!!! that is freaking awsome! I thought terminator fans like me will be flippin out here, thread after thread, but no. I'm i the only one excited about this? I read someone saying that HT don't have lisence or some thing to do the BD version and then i see this from no where, no news or hints about it wam bam and there it is a BD version eith a awsome T-1000, always wanted it like that, and the one where hes all blown up with his head upside down and twisted. Anyway this is just awsome, i know EB face looks 100% spot on amazing, but this too is awsome, i thought the DX10 looked nothing like him. No thermintor stuff comming out and then wham bahm they hit you with so many, from HCG, to HT, EB come on sideshow, its your turn to bring some thing out!
Rayminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
snappahead
Producer
Producer

HT just kicked it's own ass. This should've been the DX10.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #20
superdude
The X-Men

Now THAT is more like it. Wow. Just too bad it had to be so much.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote