Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko23 View Post
I rather not... I've known James for 8 years. He's been a very honest guy with me. But for other reasons, I won't go this route.
Thanks though.
Must have slept with your wife. Lol
Old 05-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #12
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post

Ouchie!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #13
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Giclees are a tough sell as you're generally competing with original art type dollars. Lithos don't have as much of that cool factor as they once did. Also, there are so many Alex Ross signed stuff out there to be had, some of which can be had for under $20. You may need to prepare to take a loss on these. Also, shipping framed pieces can be quite pricey these days... Unless you're in a rush to get cash asap, I recommend setting the price you want and waiting. If you take the auction route, it's a big risk.

This isn't the time to get greedy over eBay fees. Ebay is still by far the best place to sell this kind of stuff. Even if fees went as high as 50%, eBay would still be your best bet to sell those lithos. However, before selling everything, why not try and sell your lithos at the forum first? It seems like you have the best ones. You might get lucky.
Dead on comments by Charles

Cap origin will net you a return if you have it. Otherwise be prepared o get what you paid tops.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #14
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Quote:
Ouchie!
That came out of left field
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Paper or canvas?

The canvas ones seem to retain their value a little more. Here's 2 recent ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Original...#ht_962wt_1191

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-SUPER...#ht_554wt_1428

Of course, they cost more at the time of release too.. and the 2 above are strong pieces..

Quote:
Giclees are a tough sell as you're generally competing with original art type dollars. Lithos don't have as much of that cool factor as they once did. Also, there are so many Alex Ross signed stuff out there to be had, some of which can be had for under $20. You may need to prepare to take a loss on these. Also, shipping framed pieces can be quite pricey these days... Unless you're in a rush to get cash asap, I recommend setting the price you want and waiting. If you take the auction route, it's a big risk.

This isn't the time to get greedy over eBay fees. Ebay is still by far the best place to sell this kind of stuff. Even if fees went as high as 50%, eBay would still be your best bet to sell those lithos. However, before selling everything, why not try and sell your lithos at the forum first? It seems like you have the best ones. You might get lucky.
I agree with this.. Ebay has the largest audience and market for something such as this
Also agree on the point of waiting it out. If you have a price in mind, just list it and sit on it, wait until someone with a specific interest comes along.. or maybe someone will get a tax return or something
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
patman
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Can you PM your list? Might have some friends tat would be interested. Are these APs? Knight over Gotham would be great but they have been releasing oversized reprints that have brought down the prices of the original canvas giclees
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Nah lol. He wouldn't be alive. I carry a gun for a living.=) lol it's something I rather not comment on.. Strictly business...

And yeah I understand the money part. I'm def in no need for money... I just started taking them down due to space or lack of.

They are all in canvas.. And framed. I understand the shipping aspect bc I've sold 2-3 on eBay before. Just hate the fees. They are a pretty large chunk..

Thanks guys... Here's some of the ones I'm selling... Don't know what the rules are now since I've been off. But I'm open for offers.. If that's not acceptable. Let me know. Don't mind the blue light.. That's my fish tanks.
Lol

rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

rosko23 - You can PM me your list too with prices. I don't have any Alex Ross canvas pieces. Only lithographs. Just curious about your pricing and other pieces. I've never seen that Iron Man and Spider-Man before.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
rosko23 - You can PM me your list too with prices. I don't have any Alex Ross canvas pieces. Only lithographs. Just curious about your pricing and other pieces. I've never seen that Iron Man and Spider-Man before.
Will do ...
Old 05-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Heres a few... and these are some prices I have in mind.. basically what I paid... not going rates.. Feel free to shoot me an offer but mind u... shipping will run $50-75 extra
$400
$500
$100
$400
$700
$1000
$2500
$700
$500
$500