Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #11
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I think all these threads need to start with "rumor" because that's what some of these movie blogging sites are all about these days.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I think all these threads need to start with "rumor" because that's what some of these movie blogging sites are all about these days.
Good point. Maybe somebody will change it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Fantastic Four v X-Men [Rumour]

Interesting if it comes to pass.
http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...m=facebook&m=1
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=138871
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Sometimes I get the feeling that Singer and FOX take a measure of pleasure and hubris in trying to bend the X-Men to fit "their" vision rather than adhering to Marvel's canon and house style. It's like they know better. Now they might do the same thing with Fantastic Four. While First Class was a decent enough movie, it was only a moderate success, but unfortunately enough to keep him around rather than completely rebooting the entire X-Men franchise. The thing is if FOX were to dump Singer and play nice with Marvel, they could probably work out a decent compromise that could at least bring the universes closer together. Hopefully Marvel's box office will outperform FOX's 2- or 3-to-1 or more. Thank goodness DC has maintained ownership of their characters. We've already seen how Singer can wreck Superman. Can you imagine if he would have done Batman? I was hoping that DoFP would be the swansong to Singer's X-Men and he'd move on and let someone else take the helm with a completely new vision, but he's been quick to announce another sequel and now a crossover, before DoFP has even been released. But given the poor performances of his recent films including the horrific and instantly forgettable Jack the Giant Killer, Singer is holding on tooth and nail to the only hit he's had in the past 15 years.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #17
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man you guys just won't let it go that FOX has no intentions of rebooting the X-Men franchise and starting from scratch. And why would they when these films are still financially successful and for the most part well received.

Even if they did reboot everything who is to say they'd be any more faithful to the comics. Look no further than The Amazing Spider-Man and the rumors surrounding the Fantastic Four reboot for proof of that. These films are their own entities. There will always be compromises when adapting this material to film. As long as they're respectful to the material and well made films why not just accept them for what they are and enjoy them?

And why is it everyone seems to put the in house Marvel films on a pedestal when they've taken liberties with the source material as well.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I agree with your last line Scott. Marvel has taken as many liberties with their characters as the other studios. IF marvel has all their characters we would be waiting years for some of these characters to see the light of day. It's a point I make about WB all the time, if Paramount or Universal had some of DCs characters their movies would have been made already.

What I don't get is why the studios don't get together like Paramount/Marvel & Paramount/Universal/Marvel and do cross overs. It should be a relatively easy exercise to divy the money.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't think most folks are putting Marvel on a pedestal, they are just saying the company has been doing a much better job with their properties. I dread to think of what a FOX-produced Iron Man, Thor or Captain America would have looked like. We all know Fox isn't going to let of the franchise as long as it's making money. Superhero movies have become tent poles and any studio that has one is going to hold onto it. Heck Sony only has Spiderman and they're trying to milk the Sinister Six out of it. So while Fox won't let the franchise rights revert back for the foreseeable future, I think it's time to at least give X-Men a new coat of paint with a new director and direction. Heck even Bond changed every decade or so. However, I think Singer is trying to head off the possibility of anyone stepping in by making these announcements and trying to tie up his attachment to the franchise. Since he can't get another hit elsewhere he gonna hold on to X-Men until Wolverine's claws rust. Nolan and Bale could have made three more Batman movies, but they turned the cowl over to another director and actor. IMO Singer's vision for the X-Men has played out (or will have with DoFP) so it would be great see another talented director step in and not have their hands tied by the "Singerverse" X-Men. Sure someone new could come in and do even worse, but they might also do a heck of a lot better.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Paramount released Iron Man 1, the best of the trilogy.

BTW I agree with you on Singer. He is on borrowed time.