Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

As I look into the the basket of unloved "Disney Infinity" characters I shake my head, "never again"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
As I look into the the basket of unloved "Disney Infinity" characters I shake my head, "never again"
Agree with you on the Inifinity figures. Definitely regret picking up the few Marvel figures I was initially interested in. That said I think these are much more appealing. Specifically because they are not stylized interpretations of the characters, unlike the Infinity line. These are sculpted to look exactly like each Nintendo character. That's just me though.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #13
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Agree with you on the Inifinity figures. Definitely regret picking up the few Marvel figures I was initially interested in. That said I think these are much more appealing. Specifically because they are not stylized interpretations of the characters, unlike the Infinity line. These are sculpted to look exactly like each Nintendo character. That's just me though.
For me it relates more to how much use my kids will get out of them. Amiibos appear to be more versatile than the obtuse DI structure (why oh why Disney can I not play levels as Cap while my daughter is Elsa? I paid you for both and the pointless Toy Boxes suck). I just hate having gaming accessories cluttering up my world (which is already cluttered by collectables )
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #14
Frankierock
Inhumans

Just started my son on these...just have a Mario and Bowser as the first 2....But I might not go crazy, maybe a few more for him, reason being ...I still have about 30+ Skylander Giants unopened in a box, and I can see this going the same route.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
For me it relates more to how much use my kids will get out of them. Amiibos appear to be more versatile than the obtuse DI structure (why oh why Disney can I not play levels as Cap while my daughter is Elsa? I paid you for both and the pointless Toy Boxes suck). I just hate having gaming accessories cluttering up my world (which is already cluttered by collectables )
You have both figures and the game won't allow you to play both a the same time?
Old 04-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #16
BurningRage
The Maxx

I have all the ones that have been released. Only had to ebay Gold Mario. I missed out on all the pre-orders for the next wave releasing in May. I just want to complete the Smash Bros. set and quit. These are becoming a pain to secure an order.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #17
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I have all the ones that have been released. Only had to ebay Gold Mario. I missed out on all the pre-orders for the next wave releasing in May. I just want to complete the Smash Bros. set and quit. These are becoming a pain to secure an order.
That's impressive that you haven't had to resort to ebay for any of them except Gold Mario.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #18
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's impressive that you haven't had to resort to ebay for any of them except Gold Mario.
The funny thing is the next day Gold Mario was available at the Nintendo World Store in Manhattan. So I could've gotten it for retail if I just waited one more day.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
The funny thing is the next day Gold Mario was available at the Nintendo World Store in Manhattan. So I could've gotten it for retail if I just waited one more day.
Yeah, but who could have guessed that thing would be back in stock?
Old 04-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

only one I really wanted was Meta-Knight and I foolishly didn't preorder him, so my Amiibo collection died before it even started
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote