Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-18-2022, 04:08 PM   #11
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I've only got the Mark 1 on preorder, so I'm quite interested in this one.

And Sideshows original Mark 3 Maquette is mostly accurate. As it is one of the few 'Maquette' pieces which seem true to the name. In that the figure of the statue itself is near identical to the 'Hero shot (with stuntman)' which was used as reference during the movies production. It was never really from a movie still. And in the actual photo I don't believe you can see what he was standing on, so it's left to our imagination.

I've got pretty much all of Iron Studios MCU lines, which means I've already got way too many 1/4 scale Iron Man statues, especially once you add Sideshow's Mark 3 Maquette and Hot Toys 1/4 Mark 43 (the latter of which on any other day is my favourite 1/4 scale Iron Man piece in my collection).

Part of me wishes I hadn't gotten the Iron Studio's Iron Man figures, but I don't like breaking lines, otherwise like Mo all of these would've been mine to preorder.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:10 PM   #12
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I don't like the pose with the Iron Monger base. Who's he suppose to fighting?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 05:02 PM   #13
Mister H
Ultimates

Love it. Hope there is a left hand switch out as well. Will I ever get the Heartbreaker armor in 1/4 ?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 05:22 PM   #14
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Love it. Hope there is a left hand switch out as well. Will I ever get the Heartbreaker armor in 1/4 ?
I doubt it.

I think the only high level collectable produced of the Heartbreaker armour was a 1/2 scale.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:02 AM   #15
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

meh, what a let down for the most iconic armor imo. The OG SS Mark 3 is still the best one to date.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:32 AM   #16
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
meh, what a let down for the most iconic armor imo. The OG SS Mark 3 is still the best one to date.
I feel the same way. The MK 3 is THE IM suit. It should be the flagship statue.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:39 AM   #17
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Except for the muddy boots.

I still remember so many collectors on the forums taking erasers to it, to knock it back a bit.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #18
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Except for the muddy boots.

I still remember so many collectors on the forums taking erasers to it, to knock it back a bit.
Yep, that's what I did.
[IMG][/IMG]
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:54 PM   #19
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Tough crowd.

I think if the first reveal of this was on it's own, the reception would be more unanimous. Amongst the whole line-up, it doesn't stand out - no - but isolating on it, I still think it looks damn good.

Honestly, I don't think there are that many cool, statue-worthy poses for Iron Man. He looks coolest when he's aiming repulsors...how many ways can that be done? He's not Spider-man, who contorts himself in tons of ways.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:05 PM   #20
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Tough crowd.

I think if the first reveal of this was on it's own, the reception would be more unanimous. Amongst the whole line-up, it doesn't stand out - no - but isolating on it, I still think it looks damn good.

Honestly, I don't think there are that many cool, statue-worthy poses for Iron Man. He looks coolest when he's aiming repulsors...how many ways can that be done? He's not Spider-man, who contorts himself in tons of ways.
Well it’s easily better than the 3 I have from Iron Studios. I myself prefer the heroic pose he’s got on the first Mark 3 Maquette from Sideshow. Currently I don’t have any 1/4 scale Iron Man statues on preorder from Queen other than the Mark 1, as what I’ve got currently is too many as it is.

But honestly whenever I compare my 1/4 Queen pieces to the other manufacturers I currently have, the Queen in most cases handedly wins.