Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-17-2023, 03:51 PM   #11
No1
The Avengers

until I know, there's never a 1/3 Star Wars line, we have 1/4, some 1/2 but never 1/3, but I hope they keep on the OT only, keep away from the mouse trash
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 04:10 PM   #12
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

All I want is a 1/3 Darth Vader. I hope someone gets the license.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:47 PM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sorry PCS is not worthy.
SS isn't exactly better.

They've had some good ones (their latest Vader mythos being a highlight) but a good 75% of it has some brain dead art direction, more really.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:21 PM   #14
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
SS isn't exactly better.

They've had some good ones (their latest Vader mythos being a highlight) but a good 75% of it has some brain dead art direction, more really.
Oh I'm not just talking art direction or final pieces. The whole shebang, especially CS. PCS has been totally dependent on SS and their foray into independence is untested.

We will have to disagree on the new Mythos Vader, I have a strong distaste for that whole thing, from base to burning saber, to the indignity of Vader getting that scrapped up..

Their Asajj Ventress, Maul Mythos, Legendary Yoda, and Probe Droid are pretty good to me.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:31 PM   #15
craigcliff1
Zot

Ordered my first SSC statue in 07, SSC Seeder Bike PF
and then their SW dios

SSC did some AWESOME PF, statues, dios
yes some duds
Been 2 1/3 SW statues can think of
CM Darth Vader
Stormie, can't remember company name
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #16
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:

Their Asajj Ventress, Maul Mythos, Legendary Yoda, and Probe Droid are pretty good to me.
i know he's older now but i still love the Yoda vs Clone.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:06 PM   #17
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Yes, I'll echo the calls for a 1/3 Darth Vader(and Darth Maul). The only 1/3 Vader that I know of is an unlicenced production by DMD studios.

p.s. Darth Vader & Darth Maul Mythos are excellent. It will take a lot to beat them.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:23 PM   #18
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
SS isn't exactly better.

Agreed and the new Mythos Vader is insane Such a successful hit for SS.
They Made serious bank on that one.Absolutely love that sculpt.
I would be into adding some new pieces if they were of that quality

Pieces like
the Mythos Maul and Ventress have been huge hits expertly sculpted as well with so many glowing reviews and people are even cosplaying as that particular Ventress design.Crazy how popular that look is becoming congrats to SS on those successes.Detaing on those are incredible.
The Maul is stunning and the production quality on the pieces I received were fantastic best Maul on the market.
Once again I’m open to good product so I’m rooting for any company that delivers.

Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:48 PM   #19
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Oh I'm not just talking art direction or final pieces. The whole shebang, especially CS. PCS has been totally dependent on SS and their foray into independence is untested.

We will have to disagree on the new Mythos Vader, I have a strong distaste for that whole thing, from base to burning saber, to the indignity of Vader getting that scrapped up..

I like the base, a destroyed x-wing was a nice idea I think. The burning saber is optional, it comes with a regular saber as well (burning is part of the ex) though I rather just have the saber hilt with no blade. If you want a more normal vader their last PF was also pretty nice (finally, after like 4 tries :P)

You can still order from SS if you want, and I don't like SS CS much either. They have some nice folks for sure, but if a production statue comes like crap they won't want to take it back. Art direction and final pieces is the most important to me.

Ventress mythos is nice, but the production wasn't as good as the prototype as usual. Not a fan of the maul as IMO there are way better ones out there but it's alright. Their PF line has been a lot more fail then success imo. Their 1/6 line was basically abandoned after HT showed how it could be done 10x better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Ordered my first SSC statue in 07, SSC Seeder Bike PF
and then their SW dios

SSC did some AWESOME PF, statues, dios
yes some duds
Been 3 1/3 SW statues can think of
CM Darth Vader
Stormie, can't remember company name
Pure arts did the 1/3 stormie I believe.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:14 PM   #20
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Pretty sure it's just you and me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i know he's older now but i still love the Yoda vs Clone.
Decent statue, but one of the scenes/plot/characters developments I hated from the prequels.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote