Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #11
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13
Well she is the most powerful, they mention it in the comics quite often.
She can take the heavy hitters out in a blink if she wanted, all she had to do is put an invisble bubble in their brain and make it expand, then bye bye. Or put them in a bubble and throw them into space.

But if someone has an indestructible body, then Sue's forcefields wouldn't be able to destroy their brain, right? I haven't read anything about the FF for awhile, other than the Captain Universe TPB featuring them and Gladiator.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
noseeb13
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man
But if someone has an indestructible body, then Sue's forcefields wouldn't be able to destroy their brain, right? I haven't read anything about the FF for awhile, other than the Captain Universe TPB featuring them and Gladiator.
There also have been recent cases where she has blocked their lungs so they cant breath so they pass out. But like I said she could launch them pretty much where ever she wants, so out of the 4 she is the strongest.
They really made a point out of it in Marvel Knights 4, where she was the strongest power and force to keep the family together when they couldnt afford the baxter building and had to get real jobs.
noseeb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #13
to me my board!
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm kind of exited about this but at the same time apprehensive:- to cut it short - of all the Marvel superheroes they better not goof the Surfer up or there will be hell to pay!
to me my board! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #14
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I hated FF the movie. It was terrible. I cringe at how they will screw up Norrin Radd in a movie. Even if they didnt screw him up, I dont really want to see him interact with the fouled up movie versions of the FF characters. Gawd, Dr Doom was Dr. Dud, trying hard to forget it. Why didnt they treat FF like Batman Begins, Spiderman or X-Men? I dont expect perfection. Just respect for the characters. FF the movie did not do that. I hope they dont use SS in the sequal. He deserves far better.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #15
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by to me my board!
I'm kind of exited about this but at the same time apprehensive:- to cut it short - of all the Marvel superheroes they better not goof the Surfer up or there will be hell to pay!

Yeah....That's the way many felt about Juggernaut in X-3, and look at what a great job they did of that... In other words, they don't care what you or I think dude.....It's all about the money....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:52 AM   #16
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man
Yeah....That's the way many felt about Juggernaut in X-3, and look at what a great job they did of that... In other words, they don't care what you or I think dude.....It's all about the money....
...hence Jessica Alba
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #17
to me my board!
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver
I hope they dont use SS in the sequal. He deserves far better.
I'm afraid its been confirmed that the Surfer will be in the movie and he does deserve better...
Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 AM   #18
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

As Dirty Harry sez........Swell.

and Im sure they will use the same lousy team that made the first one too.

If they dumped the writers and director, started with people who respect the characters maybe they could save it, odds of that are pretty low I'm sure.

Damn. One of my favorite characters of all time will get the Hollywood style workover and spewed out on screen for the masses to dredge up.

Oh well, I went through it with Batman for years until Begins came along. I guess Ill have to suffer through it with Surfer too. Maybe in ten years someone will revisit it and do it right.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #19
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

I hope it will be made into a cool sci-fi esque movie with a bigger budget than the summer fun blockbuster family fare that it was in the first movie
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #20
to me my board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver
As Dirty Harry sez........Swell.

and Im sure they will use the same lousy team that made the first one too.

If they dumped the writers and director, started with people who respect the characters maybe they could save it, odds of that are pretty low I'm sure.

Damn. One of my favorite characters of all time will get the Hollywood style workover and spewed out on screen for the masses to dredge up.

Oh well, I went through it with Batman for years until Begins came along. I guess Ill have to suffer through it with Surfer too. Maybe in ten years someone will revisit it and do it right.
They are gonna screw up the surfer, I just know it! - I really wanted James Cameron for the Surfer Movie ( I heard he was fan and was interested but it was cancelled in favour of FF2)