Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
Wow!! Great display Bro!! Where did you get the shelves for the mb? Really nice!
The shelves and decor (including framing the prints) are hand made by the owner. This is not my shed, but rather that of one of my best friends, but it is he that first got me interested in this sort of thing. In the late 1970's he was in the military. And while he was gone all over the world keeping us safe from the red menace, his sister-in-law sold me nearly all of his comics and his Howard and Wagner books, etc for very little money. When he got back you'd think he would be P.O.ed but he wasn't. He loaned me whatever books that I hadn't already got and I have been hooked ever since. I have about 1/30th as many statues as he does, I just thought it would be cool to post pics of his shed and he said it would be OK.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #12
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant
exactly, do you have pics of the free standing building? How about some more details? How big is the room? Tell us about this room - it looks awesome!

It is about the size of a 1 stall garage but without a garage door, constructed wood frame on a concrete slab. I has a regular sized (36") door and a couple of windows. It has a pool table in the center, and as you can see, a TV and stereo system. It has a desk where he works on his models, because in addition to statues he loves to construct and paint models, mostly from things popular when he was young, such as sci-fi and horror movies of the late 50's through the 60's.

The outside has standard white siding. Next time I am over there I will take photos of the outside and maybe I can talk him into becoming a member of the forum.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #13
monel
Mephisto

(man builds his own free standing building to display his obsession) pics of the outside building
monel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak
It is about the size of a 1 stall garage but without a garage door, constructed wood frame on a concrete slab. I has a regular sized (36") door and a couple of windows. It has a pool table in the center, and as you can see, a TV and stereo system. It has a desk where he works on his models, because in addition to statues he loves to construct and paint models, mostly from things popular when he was young, such as sci-fi and horror movies of the late 50's through the 60's.

The outside has standard white siding. Next time I am over there I will take photos of the outside and maybe I can talk him into becoming a member of the forum.
great idea ... I hope you are successful!
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #15
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak
Thanks for sharing, That is a great idea. We have a small beat up shed, but maybe I could put up a bigger, nicer one for all my hobbies. Hmmmmm...

I'd also like to see the exterior of the shed. Thanks again!
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #16
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

dude great collection!!!!!

man i wish i can have my own room for my stuff...one day!!!!!! lol
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #17
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That's simply the most incredible spread I've ever seen! I see you've even got the four of the Hamilton Action Spider-Man battle scenes! I love those! I'm blown away by what you've done in "the Shed." Bravo!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #18
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
only scary thing that got my attention was the fact that you have a pool table in the middle of all this.......

I can just see balls flying off the table and Q-sticks getting waaaaay to close to the statues
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #19
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil
That's simply the most incredible spread I've ever seen! I see you've even got the four of the Hamilton Action Spider-Man battle scenes! I love those! I'm blown away by what you've done in "the Shed." Bravo!
and thank you sir for your advice on how to post the pics, I was having trouble doing it.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #20
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

wow that is one sweet shed. hey did he do plans? hell he could sell those to some of us that need our own space for the collection. lol