Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #11
nash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Im not sure what you expected from the Han blaster genesimmons??

If you want an accurate representation of Han's blaster then this is it. If not, then what were you expecting? I plant o pick this up down the road when the prices drop.
nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #12
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
Im not sure what you expected from the Han blaster genesimmons??

If you want an accurate representation of Han's blaster then this is it. If not, then what were you expecting? I plant o pick this up down the road when the prices drop.
I would have picked this one up too, if not for the customs policy here in Holland. They are not allowed here, stupid laws in Holland.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons1 View Post
of course I am not going to take it to the corner deli with me.but its silly to think your not gonna want to handle it and yes ,even make little gun shooting noise, I will admit it. any body is gonna want to pick it up once in a while.
I'm just kidding of course. I really understand this. I bought some swords online and although I don't plan on having a sword fight anytime soon I do like to hold them. They weight was not balanced and I've considered sending them back. When you spend a bit of money on something that is so visually accurate you hope that the same detail would be put into the weight and feel of the piece.
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
P1X4R
Producer

actual film used movie props like say the original Stormtrooper helmets were very light and delicate. i was quite surprised myself when i got a hold of one that was made originally from the guy contracted to make them. what our perception of how it looks on film isn't exactly what they are in real life.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #15
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
what our perception of how it looks on film isn't exactly what they are in real life.
So very true. Way many movie props are made out from rubber, latex, and other cheapo, not lasting materials. In the screen, all these props needs is to "look" good.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:58 AM   #16
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
So very true. Way many movie props are made out from rubber, latex, and other cheapo, not lasting materials. In the screen, all these props needs is to "look" good.
Ooh yeah, rubber, wood, plastics and even paper, carton are used for the most props, they cannot be too heavy otherwise the actors cannot work with them.
Just like P1X4R says this is our perception, but it's just that!
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #17
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

master replica is very good on returns they emailed me a prepaid packing slip for fed ex and it went back yesterday.I am sorry it didnt work out with the gun.I realy wanted hans blaster to go with the lei and luke and the other master replika stuff I have.maybe on ebay later . how much do you all think you would pay for it.on ebay?
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #18
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons1 View Post
master replica is very good on returns they emailed me a prepaid packing slip for fed ex and it went back yesterday.I am sorry it didnt work out with the gun.I realy wanted hans blaster to go with the lei and luke and the other master replika stuff I have.maybe on ebay later . how much do you all think you would pay for it.on ebay?

Generally, 60 to 70 percent retail is as high as I'd go in the secondary market. In my experience, just about everything I've ever wanted has inevitably presented itself at that price. If it doesn't, well, that's one of the very very few that got away because only 1 out of 100 items actually keep their value (after they rise in price). Some people actually paid over 1K for the Bowen chrome surfer bust only to watch it regularly sell in the 300-400 dollar range less than a year later. While there are the odd exceptions where I'd pay more, that's quite rare and on extremely limited products and I'd really have to want it (example: Bowen AP Black Bolt bust).

Bide your time and never get into a bidding war, is all. And, never ever buy anything when it's hot unless you plan to resell right away otherwise you're just throwing your money away.

JMO
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #19
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't think the original gun (the Mauser) was that well balanced in the first place. (And it still seems to me a very anachronistic design for a futuristic firearm.)

I happen to like this 'clean' version of the prop and I had it on pre-order, but Master Replicas' stupid credit card system declined my card three times because they put it through each time as a VISA instead of an Amex. It was entirely their fault and I have every right to demand they rectify the situation, but after reading people's opinions on this piece, I'm inclined to just let it slide and maybe pick it up later at a cheaper price if I decide I still want it. I don't think it has been as popular as MR hoped.

And btw, MR's credit card system SUCKS!
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #20
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post

Yep...except for the "Hero" versions of weapons, which are usually made out of the materials you would expect them to be.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote