Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #11
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Patience, you can't rush perfection, i.e. Iron Man and Herc. If HH rushes things, they might create a turd, like Hawkeye, or Hulk.
Considering Hawkeye is my favorite one so far, I;d be happy to get more "turds" like that. Patience isn't the issue here. I think HH fans are VERY patient. We have to be. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get updates once in a while.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 PM   #12
Asgardian
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hope HH will give us more updates as well.. I am thinking to buy Dr Doom BD FS but does it worth spending 300 bucks on ebay? Or maybe I should keep waiting for HH producing Dr Doom in the future? Dr Doom is a must do villain if HH is making villains in my opinion.
Asgardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #13
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
They're exactly where they've always been, it's just that the forum doesn't serve as their free advertising company anymore. Amazing how things work sometimes
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:31 AM   #14
TheMadTitan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I tend to agree with you snappa. It's not that I need to see pics of a statue that is not finished, I just want to hear some info. Like, the next three statues we are currently working on are Thanos, Dr. Doom, and Vision? See, this way, no one knows what the product is going to look like so they won't be so inclined to copy. Hah! Anyways, Rob did at least tell us the DD and Angel are almost finished, and that the next three statues, Rob and Seth are very excited about. I don't think Seth is resting on his laurels people. If they already know and working on the next three statues, they must be doing something. That Iron Man sold out, so my expectations for the statues to come will probably exceed Iron Man. I honestly think the DD is going to blow IM out of the water. We'll see! I can't wait!

You sure they may be working on those? If so, I will be saving $$$ and grab them the first minute they are available online
TheMadTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #15
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Patience, you can't rush perfection, i.e. Iron Man and Herc. If HH rushes things, they might create a turd, like Hawkeye, or Hulk.

I think you're way off point here. While I don't like the style of some of the pieces,HH has consistantly produced some of the best statues in the business. I don't see any "turds" here.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #16
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I would agree. How can you say that those two are turds? We all have opinions and you are definitely entitled to yours, but turds? I can even understand you not liking the HH comic straight out of the comic book style. But clearly, Hawkeye alone, is to me the best adaptation of Hawkeye I have seen (even though it it could have used some arrows in the pack). DST's and BD's are good renditions of the character, but for the size, paint app, sculpt, and price that you can get this for, there simply is no better Hawkeye on the market! JMHO! As far as the Hulk, I don't even need to go there!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #17
feeter
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
I think you're way off point here. While I don't like the style of some of the pieces,HH has consistantly produced some of the best statues in the business. I don't see any "turds" here.
Some of the bases look like a turd
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #18
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeter View Post
Some of the bases look like a turd

If your turds look like that it's time to see a doctor!
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #19
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
If your turds look like that it's time to see a doctor!
lol
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #20
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I would agree. How can you say that those two are turds? We all have opinions and you are definitely entitled to yours, but turds? I can even understand you not liking the HH comic straight out of the comic book style. But clearly, Hawkeye alone, is to me the best adaptation of Hawkeye I have seen (even though it it could have used some arrows in the pack). DST's and BD's are good renditions of the character, but for the size, paint app, sculpt, and price that you can get this for, there simply is no better Hawkeye on the market! JMHO! As far as the Hulk, I don't even need to go there!
I know it's just opinion and I'm glad you like your HH Hawkeye, but I have a hard time with it as the best of the bunch. The BDs version in so much better I think HH should have recalled them and given a discount coupon or something to the buyers. If it's a comic book look they were going for, I have stacks of Avenger books and he looks like the BD version. The HH version looks very simple, too simple. Look at his hands, they are as big as his head. Not so in the books. Definate Turd, could be why not even the AP's have not sold out?

And as for the Hulk, I went too far calling him a turd. He's OK. His biggest problem is he's a distant 4th in a comparison to the BD and SS Hulks that have been released recently and every statue's coolness factor is reletive.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote