Yes I do.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
did you get your 8 tracks back Zurb???
Nope. Someone made me an offer for them that I couldn't refuse. I did get my iPod back though.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
Superhero
The Spirit

I was also at the premier and my opinion is quiet a bit different than Zurbs, I honestly thought it was mediocre and did not maintain the level of the first two films. I won't go into spoilers but just in case, STOP READING NOW if you don't want to know anything.

There were too many villains so they were each given very little screen time and no chance to really deeply develop.

They change Spidey's origin slightly and IMO unnecessarily. Gwen Stacey served very little purpose and honestly could have been anyone else with that name and it wouldn't have changed anything. The way they handled Peter turning evil was laughable and embarrasing...seriously.

The last fight was too long.

Up to about half way through, I thought this is going to be really good then it was like the movie went off the rails and they tried to do WAY too much and wound up hurting the movie.

Think Superman 3 or 4 I forget which where Superman is split into two and, while not that bad, it makes a pretty good comparison.

My review 7 out of 10.

Finally, the after party was a lot of fun, I spoke with James Franco and they are trying to get the original cast to do 3 more but he doesn't think Tobey will do anymore. I believe Cliff Robertson is in poor health, he looked like he was having trouble walking. The food and booze was good and ultimately, that is all that matters

I am interested to hear what other think once they see the movie.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #14
Just_joseph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
Just got back from the screening and it was great! I really enjoyed the movie. The special effects were awesome. Venom was cool as was Sandman. Some greast fight scenes between them and Spidey as well as with Harry Osborne. The symbiote Spidey was a fun character to watch especially as Peter Parker. All around a good time.

They really had this preview under control. Your admission ticket had your name and address on it and you had to present it with an id. They checked your name off a list and then they puyt a band on you and your guest. Once inside the theatre they took away your cellphone and any listening devices (iPods included) and then you had to pass through a security check where they ran a wand over you. But they gave everyone a free soda and popcorn and a numbered ticket. Before the movie started they drew one numbered ticket out of a bag and the person with that ticket got to go to the premiere party in Queens. Needless to say we didn't win. Would have been nice, I could have walked home.

Its good to hear great comments. I just hope the upcoming Marvel movies .... do as well.
Just_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote