Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #11
sketch515
Artist
ArtistProducer

there's just too many and its too painfull to think about.
sketch515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #12
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Ordered a Tom Raney Stormwatch page a couple of years ago from theartistschoice, but the f*cker sent it to the wrong person. Was compensated for it, but that page is lost forever to some guy who never paid for it
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #13
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I know exactly which one you are talking about. I feel your pain.
word brother. word. (sniff)
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #14
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i've been dealing with Ashley Wood's agent for about 5 years. first NYCC he offered me first dibs on a batman painting for the incredibly low, super friendly price $500. it was a bad time and i just couldn't pull the trigger. i was working the show as a dealer, and promised myself no perks. i believe he sold the piece several months later just below $2000.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
The one for last year?
Yeah the magician poster one!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #16
MikeNegin
The Spirit

I missed out on the George Perez holy grail! The original JLA vs Avengers promo piece (that had ran in Wizard) which resparked interested and eventually caused the fullfilment of the long awaited JLA/Avengers series!
I was the second highest bidder on eBay at $6500. I was the highest bidder for over 5 days until the hightest bidder came in 30 seconds before the auction ended and RIPPED MY HEART OUT!!!!!! A few years later I saw him put it up on eBay again for $7500 which he did not get!!! (My 1st son had just been born and I had zero cash otherwise I would have bought it then!) I WOULD HAVE KEEP THAT PIECE FOREVER!!!! I WOULD HAVE BEEN BURIED WITH THAT EFFIN' PIECE!!! it obviously didn't mean as much to him......

I've seen it bounce around a couple of times on comicartfans.com but even if I had the chance at this point I couldn't pull the trigger now...2 kids and a mortgage payment put it out of reach; that ship sailed along time ago!

When I think about it...it makes my heart ache!

MikeNegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #17
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNegin View Post
I missed out on the George Perez holy grail! The original JLA vs Avengers promo piece (that had ran in Wizard) which resparked interested and eventually caused the fullfilment of the long awaited JLA/Avengers series!
I was the second highest bidder on eBay at $6500. I was the highest bidder for over 5 days until the hightest bidder came in 30 seconds before the auction ended and RIPPED MY HEART OUT!!!!!! A few years later I saw him put it up on eBay again for $7500 which he did not get!!! (My 1st son had just been born and I had zero cash otherwise I would have bought it then!) I WOULD HAVE KEEP THAT PIECE FOREVER!!!! I WOULD HAVE BEEN BURIED WITH THAT EFFIN' PIECE!!! it obviously didn't mean as much to him......

I've seen it bounce around a couple of times on comicartfans.com but even if I had the chance at this point I couldn't pull the trigger now...2 kids and a mortgage payment put it out of reach; that ship sailed along time ago!

When I think about it...it makes my heart ache!

Man, if you can afford to bid that much money than you've got NOTHING to complain about LOL. I'm so jealous of you.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
MikeNegin
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Man, if you can afford to bid that much money than you've got NOTHING to complain about LOL. I'm so jealous of you.

Actually, I can far from afford it!......I was going to max out one of my credit cards! I bid that high because that was the cards limit....I just wanted it so bad! If I won I'd probably still be paying it off.......
MikeNegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNegin View Post
Actually, I can far from afford it!......I was going to max out one of my credit cards! I bid that high because that was the cards limit....I just wanted it so bad! If I won I'd probably still be paying it off.......
Yeah, I understand. That was ballsy of you for sure. Don't give up hope man. George is still knocking out amazing art and maybe you'll end up with a Perez that you like even more some day. Hey, it could happen.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #20
McHaleyArt
Artist
Producer

wow...The name of this thread should be re-titled "The Thread of Pain." I've missed out too, but something else always presents itself.
McHaleyArt is offline   Reply With Quote