Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 AM   #11
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thanks for the info ROMS. Always good to know.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMS View Post
I collect and specialize on "Alex Ross Giclee on Canvas, Giclee on Paper, Lithographs, Etc." for several years now.

What HFA said was true: What you bought was Unofficial, Illegal... thus it is considered a FAKE.

One technique which I can suggest to you is that NEVER BUY an "Alex Ross Giclee on Canvas, Paper, or Lithograph" where there is an Alex Ross Signature Card in front... because Alex Ross signs ALL of his works directly on the Canvas, Paper, & Lithographs... with the exception of the 4 links below which are authentic:

*http://www.planetkrypton.net/product...n-No-Mans-Land
*http://www.planetkrypton.net/product...perman-Forever
*http://www.planetkrypton.net/product...n-War-on-Crime
*http://www.planetkrypton.net/product...Peace-on-Earth
Whew! I'm glad you specified these four, because as I read this thread, I was thinking "hey, I have like four pieces where it's signed offset in a box like that!!!" But it's these four...so like I said...whew!

Great information, everyone. There's a lot of fake AR stuff on eBay. Has been for years. I got duped into buying a Superman Origins "litho" that came unsigned and rolled in a tube. Once I figured out I'd inadvertently bought a fake, I contacted AR's website (which never got back to me, which I thought was odd, but anyway) and never got it framed or anything. At least I didn't lose much $ on it.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I always try to be on the lookout for EBAY SELLERS who are selling FAKES and passing them as GENUINE.

However, ever since EBAY made BIDDERS "invisible" to each other, I cannot warn these bidders/buyers anymore. The most that I can do is report the said auction/s to EBAY Management or at least warn the winning bidder at the end of the auction.
ROMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
LoD
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

ROMS, where is your store located? I'm coming home in March and want to visit?
LoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #15
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD View Post
ROMS, where is your store located? I'm coming home in March and want to visit?
Just click the link below for detailed direction:

http://www.planetkrypton.net/location.php

Hope to see you!
Old 01-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
LoD
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Just click the link below for detailed direction:

http://www.planetkrypton.net/location.php

Hope to see you!

Thanks. Malapit ka pala...I'm near SM Bicutan.
LoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
ROMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD View Post
Thanks. Malapit ka pala...I'm near SM Bicutan.
... less than 10 minutes (without traffic).
Old 01-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
badlieut
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I always try to be on the lookout for EBAY SELLERS who are selling FAKES and passing them as GENUINE.

However, ever since EBAY made BIDDERS "invisible" to each other, I cannot warn these bidders/buyers anymore. The most that I can do is report the said auction/s to EBAY Management or at least warn the winning bidder at the end of the auction.
I do the same. Ebay does nothing. I sent a counterfeit alert many days ago about this auction and it's still up obviously. I like this information the seller added:

ADDED on Jan 16, 2008: I'm getting a lot of requests for a picture of the Certificate of Authenticity and I'm sorry I don't have a picture since these photos were taken by a friend of mine (I don't have a digital camera). I've also received a number of emails indicating that this piece is probably one of the prototype canvases from the numbered editions, especially because of its size and the fact that is was originally purchased from a dealer in Chicago, which is where Alex Ross lives. Hope to see your bid for this great piece, as the winner will not be disappointed!!

Uh..yeah, I bet a COA exists for this "prototype."
badlieut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #19
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlieut View Post
I do the same. Ebay does nothing. I sent a counterfeit alert many days ago about this auction and it's still up obviously. I like this information the seller added:

ADDED on Jan 16, 2008: I'm getting a lot of requests for a picture of the Certificate of Authenticity and I'm sorry I don't have a picture since these photos were taken by a friend of mine (I don't have a digital camera). I've also received a number of emails indicating that this piece is probably one of the prototype canvases from the numbered editions, especially because of its size and the fact that is was originally purchased from a dealer in Chicago, which is where Alex Ross lives. Hope to see your bid for this great piece, as the winner will not be disappointed!!

Uh..yeah, I bet a COA exists for this "prototype."
The more I look at this auction, the more reg flags I see. I also just noticed that the print (or whatever it is) is cropped on all sides--GL and MM are both cut off a good two inches into what the "real" image is supposed to be, there's supposed to be a good inch or almost two above where Bats' ears extend to the edge of the white "mat" area, and you should be able to see about 2/3 of the circle buckle on Supes' belt at the bottom.

They did a good job on the frame, though--it looks the same.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote