Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #11
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post

I'm glad Boston won simply due to the fact that I hate KB, so congrats to the Celtics and all their fans!
I am in full agreement with Hal on this one
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
Relic Reaper
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Awesome performance by the Celtics!
Relic Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Here...allow me to retort...

You just have a look at the Knicks roster? Seriously man this should give Knicks and Sixers fans hope. The Celts turned the corner, and returned from oblivion. So can the other old dogs of the east. Even though I am a diehard Celtics fan, I would love to see the Knicks turn it around. It's no fun with them being in the gutter.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #15
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It's a beautiful morning.

I have to give Danny Ainge all the credit in the world. He took over after the Celtics had made it to the conference finals and I figured he'd try to get a few guys to put us over the top. Instead he traded Antoine and decided the team needed to be rebuilt.

I was very frustrated. We had just made it to the conference finals after 10+ years of mediocrity and now we're going to sit through another 3-5 (or more) years of rebuilding? He said he feels you build through the draft by taking players right out of high school. I thought he was crazy but, in the end, he made it work. He stockpiled young players and used them as bargaining chips to get hall of fame calibur players, and now we've got a championship because of it.

Who knows whether or not that was his plan all along. Perhaps he had originally thought that the players he was drafting were the ones who would be hoisting the championship trophy one day. But all of us who didn't think he had a clue what he was doing have been proven wrong. He made it work, and being wrong has never felt so good.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #16
VinReaper

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_rogue View Post
It's a beautiful morning.

I have to give Danny Ainge all the credit in the world. He took over after the Celtics had made it to the conference finals and I figured he'd try to get a few guys to put us over the top. Instead he traded Antoine and decided the team needed to be rebuilt.

I was very frustrated. We had just made it to the conference finals after 10+ years of mediocrity and now we're going to sit through another 3-5 (or more) years of rebuilding? He said he feels you build through the draft by taking players right out of high school. I thought he was crazy but, in the end, he made it work. He stockpiled young players and used them as bargaining chips to get hall of fame calibur players, and now we've got a championship because of it.

Who knows whether or not that was his plan all along. Perhaps he had originally thought that the players he was drafting were the ones who would be hoisting the championship trophy one day. But all of us who didn't think he had a clue what he was doing have been proven wrong. He made it work, and being wrong has never felt so good.
Amen!!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'm impressed with what Ainge & the Celtics accomplished as well....

I didn't like the Ray Allen deal & never thought that Garnett would win a championship. I just felt that the Celtics big three didn't have the pedigree to win. In the end however the played very well as a team. I'm really impressed with Pierce. He's come a long way.

NBA still has some serious problems.... I was barely interested in these playoffs. If it wasn't LA & Boston I wouldn't have watched it.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #18
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The Red Sox are going to hold a ceremony for the Celtics before the game against the Cardinals Friday night. They're even trying to get green jerseys made to wear during the game.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #19
VinReaper

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_rogue View Post
The Red Sox are going to hold a ceremony for the Celtics before the game against the Cardinals Friday night. They're even trying to get green jerseys made to wear during the game.
That's very cool!!!

I will have to check that out!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #20
hawkeyethearcher

what in the hell are they doing in boston. start checking ever athlete there for steroids. how can they be winning everything. they are puting something in the water there
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote