Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangus View Post
IMO do not play COD 4, then ANY other FPS especially
fear. COD 4 spoils the feeling of a FPS, in a good way but in a bad way to because other FPS games won't feel as fluid. Play fear, half life 2, resistance first then COD 4.
-Good point I agree.

GTA 4 is boring as hell wait for saints row 2. Don't get me wrong, if you entertain easily GTA 4 maybe a holy grail of a game. The driving engine is anything but top notch, it is manageable with LOTS of practice. The game starts off good, but doesn't last long. It won't be long until you realize all the missions are pretty much the same. The on foot controls are stiff at best.
-GTA4 being boring is your opinion
the masses critics and fans alike agree that it is a phenominal game. And I dare you to show me a better driving engine in a sandbox game: we'll see what saints row has to offer
but as for now there is no better quality driving experience in a sandbox game thats better than GTA4. Yes the shooting experience has some kinks in it but for the most part they are well above average.

MGS 4, TBH if you haven't played or understood the first three then story wise you will be lost at sea seeing as MGS 4 is a heavy interactive story driven movie.
I agree but some people play games just for game quality and this would deliver in that department I would still say it might be a pass for JDH for the level of complexity and difficulty for getting into a game like this. And if yoyu want the true experience
I have a MGS 2.0 dvd which covers all the events and stories that occured in the other games it describes the full story to a tee if anyone is intrested PM me. Also you can read a re-cap on the story here:http://ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877084p2.html. MGS storyline is one of the most complicated and intresting amongst video games but the quality of gampleay and experience in MGS4 is still second to none in its genre.

The orange box apparently runs like utter garbage on the PS3 with some reviewers asking how did they get it through the approval rating in this state.

Yes half life 2 has framerate issues on the ps3 that the 360 version doesnt but it doesnt refute to an utter garbage type experience.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/840/840505p3.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/826/826062p5.html

Yes the 360 version runs better but not enough to say dont play it, as hes not buying multiple consoles. The difference is there, alot of ps3 games are actually ports from the 360 or pc and in the early stages yes 360 games came out better because its a better system to develope games on. But now that things are moving along its getting easier and easier to develope on the ps3 burnout was developed on the ps3 and runs better than it does on 360. BF2 BC was developed on 360 and looks the exact same on both consoles as does most of the games that came out this year.GTA4 some argue it runs faster on ps3 but 360 enthusiast say thats due to the lack in resolution which is rumored to be higher on the 360. If you look and play both games the difference is negligable I have both and compared side by side before deciding the console I wanted to play on, I played on the ps3 simply because I can play online free, and I like the ps3 controller better for 3rd person games and 360 better for first person games.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy but with a PS3 you really can't be picky on the types of games you want to play, because what you want to play and whats available are two different things. If ya had a 360 I'd highly recommend DEAD RISING.
Resident eveil 5 is gonna be a knockout
dead rising was an awesome zombie killer game

these games are also coming out
Silent hill 5 (zombies and creatures) gorey survival horror- difficult puzzles tho.

Alone in the dark, zombies and monsters: gorey survival horror again difficult puzzles, wont be available untill september though

Resident Evil 5
The bees knees of survival horror games
RE5 will be the exact type game id reccomend for JDH, its gonna control and play easy and graphics look pheonominal with lots of gore

unfortunately alan wake(which looks amazing) and dead rising (i think) are exclusive on pc\360
but you have my word there are other survival horror games coming exlusive to the ps3 they may not be as good but i just saw them somewere they are asian orientated games but they are there I will post a bunch when i find them
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
goodydog12
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

It seems as though there are common opinions here:

MGS4: not only the best game on the PS3 IMO, one of the best games there is.

COD4: Im not a big FPS guy, but this one rocks

GTA4

If your worried about the story with MGS, go buy the Essential MGS Collection for PS2 and play through them all. Graphics are still good for pt 2 and 3.
goodydog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
DSET
The Secret Six

Dead Space
which is coming out on all systems
looks creepy and violent as hell less zombie and more alien like but there is forms or human deseased bad guys by the look of some of them
looks simple and easy to play

also if you havent heard of
Killzone 2 there is little chance that you wont love the game when it comes out
if it is everything it promises to be its gonna be sonys Halo, with ten times better graphics and you dont have to kill childish alien creatures you geta visceral realistic experience.
while I doubt that, Im still confident that it will be a great game with amazing graphics and a solid engine, the only question is How great A- or A++?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #14
Mangus
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
Resident eveil 5 is gonna be a knockout
dead rising was an awesome zombie killer game

these games are also coming out
Silent hill 5 (zombies and creatures) gorey survival horror- difficult puzzles tho.

Alone in the dark, zombies and monsters: gorey survival horror again difficult puzzles, wont be available untill september though

Resident Evil 5
The bees knees of survival horror games
RE5 will be the exact type game id reccomend for JDH, its gonna control and play easy and graphics look pheonominal with lots of gore

unfortunately alan wake(which looks amazing) and dead rising (i think) are exclusive on pc\360
but you have my word there are other survival horror games coming exlusive to the ps3 they may not be as good but i just saw them somewere they are asian orientated games but they are there I will post a bunch when i find them
I thought he was asking about zombie specific games? There are a slew of SH games coming though.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #15
Mangus
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Dead Space
which is coming out on all systems
looks creepy and violent as hell less zombie and more alien like but there is forms or human deseased bad guys by the look of some of them
looks simple and easy to play

also if you havent heard of
Killzone 2 there is little chance that you wont love the game when it comes out
if it is everything it promises to be its gonna be sonys Halo, with ten times better graphics and you dont have to kill childish alien creatures you geta visceral realistic experience.
while I doubt that, Im still confident that it will be a great game with amazing graphics and a solid engine, the only question is How great A- or A++?
I'll never get why people are so hyped for KZ 2 seeing as KZ 1 was a sucky generic FPS?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I'll extend to survival horror if zombie specific games aren't in plentiful supply. Thanks again for the extra info, guys, it's been a great help.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #17
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangus View Post
I'll never get why people are so hyped for KZ 2 seeing as KZ 1 was a sucky generic FPS?
right now its just graphics, not to mention great vibe of art and settings
they do look much better than anything thats produced on a console

but i agree KZ1 was a let down
and Im hoping they do a great job on the engine and gameplay this time, and everything runs as good as it shows on the offscreen footage
Old 07-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
Mangus
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
right now its just graphics, not to mention great vibe of art and settings
they do look much better than anything thats produced on a console

but i agree KZ1 was a let down
and Im hoping they do a great job on the engine and gameplay this time, and everything runs as good as it shows on the offscreen footage
KZ 1 had the graphics also, but it seemed like that was all the developers focused on. KZ 1 had serious potential .
Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
Moogled
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hey man, if you want to get a feel for the games but don't want to buy/test them, you can always watch people play them on youtube.

There are tons of videos that show the gameplay (and not that marketed video gameplay junk on gamespot.com) which may assist you in your decision
Moogled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #20
CA35
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

1-Call of Duty 4 is a must !

2- MGS 4 ( might not be as enjoyable if you have'nt played the 1st 3)

3- Guitar Hero is extremely addicting !

Check out some of downloadable stuff in PS store.
CA35 is offline   Reply With Quote